• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pitch types

vladiator

Cricket Spectator
How do you prepare your club's pitch? I started playing Hampshire and decided to prepare the pitch for spinning for Warne. Warne is doing OK, but my batsmen doen't bat to well. I tried to change it to batting pitch: my batsmen performed much better, but then Warne didn't and he is my only good bowler...

So, what kind of things you take into account for preparing the pitch?

sammy22

U19 12th Man
You need to take into account what will suit your team overall. For example if I was going to prepare a pitch for spinners I would ensure I had at least 2 quality spinners playing in that game, and possibly 3.

If preparing a good batting pitch ensure that you have players who can take advantage of the conditions, whilst making sure you still have bowlers who are going to be able to get a result for you.

It is also worth looking at your opponents, and the type of side they are. If a team has a couple of quality spinners then it might be worth preparing a seamers pitch and choosing players accordingly, thus limiting the sucsess of their players.

That's what I do anyway. :)

vladiator

Cricket Spectator
Thanks sammy. I will analyse teams a bit more.

Can I ask just two more question.

1) The ''keep strike" option for a batsman: if I tick it for a batsman what exactly will it do for him and for his partner.

2) You can see a above view of the pitch left of every comment during a match. The pitch has a red and a grey dots. What do they mean?

Sorry for stupid questions. I am just new to cricket and cricket games.

Hoggy31

International Captain
1) The keep strike option will keep the batsman whose one u ticked on strike for the majority of balls

2) The red dot is where the ball pitched, not sure about the grey but

vladiator

Cricket Spectator
Hoggy31 said:
1) The keep strike option will keep the batsman whose one u ticked on strike for the majority of balls

2) The red dot is where the ball pitched, not sure about the grey but

Sorry again, but what do you mean by "keep the batsman on strike for the majority of balls"? Will he attempt to score on every ball thrown to him or does it mean that he will attempt to score high runs, i.e. 4s and 6s?

It's just very often my batsman is out in the same over when I tick the 'keep strike'.

Last edited:

cricketfreak200

Cricket Spectator
keeping strike means that the batsman which you put a tick on will try to play most of the balls in the over, hogging the strike and not allowing the other batsman to play. This can be done to keep a worse batsman off-strike or a new batsman off-strike so he can gain form. And about getting, well, you probably dont know when to use it, thats the problem. Try building up a strategy that works for you.