• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gunning for Success: A Derbyshire Story...

Hoggy31

International Captain
Ok, I'll be writing my first ICC 2005 story, I am playing with Derbyshire and am currently 3 games into the season, here is summary of the season up to this point:

Derbyshire sign young leg-spinner Michael Birch on a $16,000 2 year contract, The club is hoping he will be a beacon of light for the future

1st game:
Derbyshire 144 a.o
Worcestershire 290 a.o
Derbys 154 a.o
Worcs 10/0

Worcs won by ten wickets

Pretty poor first up performance, Only postives to take away are Michael Birch taking 6/129 in his debut innings and young batsman James Chapman making a pretty gutsy 23 in the second innings.

2nd game:
Derbys 135 a.o
Kent 139/3

Pretty poor game really

3rd game:
Derbys 164/9
Sussex 165/4

Good innings from young Chapman (63 not out) was the only real positive here

Well thats the season so far, more updates soon

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good luck indeed...Derbys are pretty awful :p

Can tell you that Lungley has done pretty well for them in my Surrey game though (30 wickets in FC @ 20.97 so far this season).

Hoggy31

International Captain
Northants were dismissed for 333 in their first innings, Travis Friend was on a hattrick before Di Venuto grassed the easy catch at first slip off the hattrick ball..

Hoggy31

International Captain

Better performance, probably could've got the draw easily but went all out for the win. Looking foward to the next game

Hoggy31

International Captain

Pretty disappointing effort, lucky to get where we did from 61/7, Top order batting needs to be looked at..

Dean 10-2-16-2 was fantastic

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I agree. Shoud have won by at least 2 innings
i was more concerned about the fact that no one other than Hodge was prepared to knuckle down and make a big score, and the fact they let Travis Friend score a fifty

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
On the demo I played as Lancashire. 955 we made in that game. Hodge 297 and Cork 180* we were 2 wickets away from the win.

Hoggy31

International Captain

Probably could've won the match if we had a decent second innings but the top order just failed to do the job again

Hoggy31

International Captain

Got off to a good start with both the bat and ball but yet again could not carry on the pressure, Was 70/1 going along at 7 an over at one stage..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win there, great second innings batting effort. Good stuff, hope you can get some momentum now.