• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gunning for Success: A Derbyshire Story...

Dodgy

School Boy/Girl Captain
I also have say too, it is only a game! When writing a story thread like this, the results are not really the main focus. It is how you develop the characters and your input as the coach (read writter) is paramount. I have an Sussex story going, and I'll admit I am probably not going to win too many four day games, but should do reasonably well in the one dayers...do I look worried?

It is the spin I bring to the story talking about players, the ECB hauling me in and the on-going development of my youth players which bring me more pleasure (if that is the right word) than the results themselves.....and in the end, everyone really wants to hear of local bad (cricketing) boys come good. What sort of a story woudl it be if you won every game by an innings and plenty?

Unrealistic I would say.

Just my two cents (ok pence for you poms) worth.

And no, it wasn't a spear tackle either! :-)

EDIT: Spelling has always been shocking.

Hoggy31

International Captain

First CC win of the season :D, Was in trouble at 4/80odd but Bevan and Moss came together and played two beautiful innings, they put on 238 for the 5th wicket.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well come back mate :) like your squad. although Bevan never did for me what I hoped
. try to sign Bandara as a spinner(awazing! took 129@17 for me, see records topic)
and Ponting for the runs...scored 2000 runs for me!