• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Career player fubar'd - Bug or feature ?

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just went back to my test match. (One of the first games I started in Test mode - play it for 30 minutes then stop - it's the only way I can avoid "one out all out" game boredom - or lack of concentration)

Anyway. I've played an entire world cup in the mean time (England lost to Australia in the semis) and my career player was doing nicely. (Well his stats were, for a fast bowler hwe still bowled at a speed that wouldn't reach the batter in the real world)

Finished the game (Lost by 41 runs) noticed that my player had taken 4 wickets and scored over 70 runs..."I'll have those thank you very much" I thought to myself.

Save profile ?

Yes ....Of course ....

Go to career player ...

AARRRRRGGGGHHHH He's reset to his stats before the world cup !!!! (about 250 runs and 17 wickets accrued during that tournament) :@

Career player waste of time. Even after all those games (before I put his stats back a week) he still couldn't bowl 45 MPH and as a quick bowler

45MPH !!!! m That's Ashley Giles slower ball !!!

Bill O'Reiley says "He's really bowling quick now" as another effort ball (read 43MPH delivery) rolls to the keepers ankles

Career bowlers start very slow..and don't seem to get quicker. - and you can reset the stats with an accidental "Yes" on a save game - making me think they are a complete waste of time.

Damn !!

Clarker

scooter93

Cricket Spectator
It Just Takes Time
Btw You Need Alot More Then 17 Wickets To Get Good Speeds
But My Fast Bowler Is Maxed Out But Can Only Get A Top Speed Of 131kph Meh..

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
Just went back to my test match. (One of the first games I started in Test mode - play it for 30 minutes then stop - it's the only way I can avoid "one out all out" game boredom - or lack of concentration)

Anyway. I've played an entire world cup in the mean time (England lost to Australia in the semis) and my career player was doing nicely. (Well his stats were, for a fast bowler hwe still bowled at a speed that wouldn't reach the batter in the real world)

Finished the game (Lost by 41 runs) noticed that my player had taken 4 wickets and scored over 70 runs..."I'll have those thank you very much" I thought to myself.

Save profile ?

Yes ....Of course ....

Go to career player ...

AARRRRRGGGGHHHH He's reset to his stats before the world cup !!!! (about 250 runs and 17 wickets accrued during that tournament) :@

Career player waste of time. Even after all those games (before I put his stats back a week) he still couldn't bowl 45 MPH and as a quick bowler

45MPH !!!! m That's Ashley Giles slower ball !!!

Bill O'Reiley says "He's really bowling quick now" as another effort ball (read 43MPH delivery) rolls to the keepers ankles

Career bowlers start very slow..and don't seem to get quicker. - and you can reset the stats with an accidental "Yes" on a save game - making me think they are a complete waste of time.

Damn !!

Clarker
O'reilly 'He's really bowling quick now' I nearly fall of my bed when I read this.

:laugh: