• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Got the full fame today:p but can I please ask.....

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Was delighted when the game I ordered finally arrived today. I decided I would have a quick look on here before I finally installed it and was interested to see people talking about how they selected their sides based on the stats in the game not real life.

This got me to wondering what stats they are using to make these decisions. Although i;ve only played the demo the only stats I can remember I had to help me were the battinga and bowling averages for 1 day and first class etc.

Can anyone tell me what else I should be using, as I was just going to go off my knowledge of cricket in real life. I know there is a section which lists players strenghs and weaknesses, but this dosen;t really tell you anything about how good a player is overall, as every player has strenghs and weaknesses, probably at different levels.

I look forward to hearing some responses to this, not only to help me out, but to see which factors people take into account when selecting their sides. As i;m going to start in the county championship it's not simply a case for me of selecting from the best 20 players in the country. I have to be able to aynalise the ability and potential of youngsters, and even players I have never heard of. Is there a way of doing this? other than just giving them matches to see (which i don;t really want to do)

Let the replys begin :blink: :dry: :blink: :cool:

Graham

3rd Umpire
It will take a couple of seasons before you can get a true picture. Then you'll have not only career stats, but two season's worth of in game stats to tell who are the players likely to perform.
Up to this point you should probably go with career stats as a guide, keeping an eye on current season stats also.
Second team averages are supposed to give you an indication of which youngsters are future stars, but they're noy always reliable.
Chris Childs has said that training younger players and giving them game time will help some to develop quite quickly.

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Thanks Graham, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something :D

I'm more used to play MVCM and where of course ratings are given as to a players ability and also as a football fan as well Football manager which is very must statistical in terms of players abilities in different areas.