• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Always blocking?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Not sure whether anyone else has noticed but the AI batting is so defensive in every game they play!

I'm playing an ODI currently and was dismissed for 170 in the 46th over and South Africa are currently 32/0 from 20 overs with Gary Kirsten on 4 from 60 balls! Andre Adams has figures of 10 overs for 4 runs!

All seems very strange and it happens every match :huh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i find they always just get a single, all i have seen is that all the wickets i seem to take are always caught and bowled.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In a test match I just had a partnership where the two batsmen scored 7 off 119, and 4 off 115, which was made by one boundary on about his 90th ball.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
I find that I get the batsman out bowled the most. Usually an in-swinger pitching on on off and swinging to leg on a length usually makes them glance the ball onto the stumps. The only time I find they attack is in 10 over matches lol, although after 5 overs they still go at about 0.85 an over.

Josh

International Regular
I hate how when the ball is hit to thirdman or fine leg, the AI batsmen never run.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ haha yeh.. the batsman hardly take singles etc in tests.. only seem to up the run rate on the odd 6/4 when i pitch the ball to short or wide hoping for a slice catch etc..