• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Youths?

Taylor

Cricket Spectator
Anyone had any good youths yet? I've had a couple in the 80's for 2nd Team averages.

Screenshots are below, there nowt special but decent enough.

Attachments

cpr

International Coach
I've got a kid i picked up begining of season one, already chucked him in the test set up in season 2. His career average is only 39.5, but thats because half of the matches he's played have been whilst i've been away managing england, and doesnt do as well.... I'd say his average would be nearer 45-50 in games i've controlled him (including some big 100's)

However, he is utter bobbins in one dayers :)

Taylor

Cricket Spectator
pskov said:
33 Tests by age 22! :eek:

How old was he when he made his debut?
I seriously can't remember. I think he was around 19 when he came into the game, either 18 or 19. :huh:

squiz

U19 Debutant
My best youth player averaged 99 in his first year at Western Australia. It's one of the threads in this forum. Name's John Dillon

darko21

U19 Debutant
Here are the three best youth players in both of my games (up to season 2008).

Freddie Overton - Somerset.
Debuted in 2007.
Was selected in an 18 man squad for the 2008 NatWest series but did not get a match. Salary - 25,500

Keith Charlton - Australia
Debuted in 2006
Lack of game time due to McGrath playing an extra year and players like Tait and Rofe getting game time ahead of the youngster.
Salary - 58,000

Wayne Pocock
Debuted in 2007
Was brought into the test side because Michael Clarke and Simon Katich had no form.
Salary - 70,500

I have other youth players for Somerset but one averaged (batsman) 7.67 in 7 matches. Another is a keeper who is overly defensive and only gets a good score a few times in a season.

Attachments

harvs

Cricket Spectator
squiz said:
My best youth player averaged 99 in his first year at Western Australia. It's one of the threads in this forum. Name's John Dillon
how did you get to play with western australia?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
got some decent youths so far, first season i didn't take any then at the end of the first season i got batsmen Frank Grimes and Gary Boycott, and pacer Barry Barwick. Grimes averaged less than 30 in his first season but Boycott got over 500 runs at 49. Barwick bowled alot of overs but averaged a touch over 30 in FC, but less than 20 in the OD. He then got picked for the England side ( i turned down the chance to manage them) and averages 24.5 in tests so far. He currently has 9-83 from 3 world cup matches so far.

This close season is signed opener Max Power (46.64 second team) who has yet to make his debut, and pacemen Kurt Taylor(sec team 15.75) and Andrew Johns(19.87) who have been opening the bowling since Anderson and Barwick are at the world cup.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Frank Grimes, Kurt Taylor and Andrew Johns are.

Max Power was called Max Powell, Brian Barwick was called Andy Barwick and Gary Boycott was called Gary Beauchamp.