Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how many people ended up buying the game? Are going to buy the game?

Cricket Spectator

So how many people ended up buying the game? Are going to buy the game?

I know I am not.

After spending three days of non-stop ICC 2005, and then giving it up through frustration - I've decided not to buy the game.

TBF its a horrid rehash of 2002. There are very few introductions into the international arena of the game, and the ones that are there are just so basic.

I am not ready to buy the game just because it has a World Cup every four years - that too something that was their fault in the start that they didn't include that in the original game. And to pay $19 odd bucks for just that is robbery.

I have downloaded the updated DB for 2002 and it is a LOT better than the DB with 2005.

I reckon they wanted to juice ICC for what it was worth. Its a shame that they have let go of a game with so much potential. I believe one of the reasons that ICC was discontinued was because the sales didn't match up to expectations. But now I know why.

Thank you for your try.

*Brings out the 2002 CD and starts a new season with England*

3rd Umpire
    I think you're being a little harsh.

Sure the database isn't so flash, but it's been stated that this will be addressed in a patch.

IF the international spinner domination has been fixed (and I'm yet to decide for sure whether it has), then ICC2005 will definitely be much better. It was almost pointless playing as an international side in ICC2002 because of this and I'd given up.

The generation of players is supposed to have improved in ICC2005. I'm about to end my first season with NZ, so I'll be interested in this particular aspect.

Cricket Spectator
    I've bought it via the Softwrap, not played much so far, but am enjoying it. The patch to update it will be great....and then I'll start properly as Somerset (20/20 winners 2005)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Yeah I'm waiting for the patch before I start properly with NZ and Surrey too.

Having some fun playing as Bangladesh at the moment!

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    Yeah I'm waiting for the patch before I start properly with NZ and Surrey too.

Having some fun playing as Bangladesh at the moment!
    Ha ha me too, i managed to beat England in all 3 ODI's in the natwest series

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Although I'm unimpressed with the errors, I'll still be purchasing the game. But out of interest, how can you play a game non-stop for three days, yet then decide it's useless?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Especially since its a one day demo?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Yeah, I've got the game too. Not bad, but I don't think it was really worth it now, not with KentLad's new patch...

Quote Originally Posted by xixsoside
    I know I am not.

After spending three days of non-stop ICC 2005, and then giving it up through frustration - I've decided not to buy the game.

TBF its a horrid rehash of 2002. There are very few introductions into the international arena of the game, and the ones that are there are just so basic.

I am not ready to buy the game just because it has a World Cup every four years - that too something that was their fault in the start that they didn't include that in the original game. And to pay $19 odd bucks for just that is robbery.

I have downloaded the updated DB for 2002 and it is a LOT better than the DB with 2005.

I reckon they wanted to juice ICC for what it was worth. Its a shame that they have let go of a game with so much potential. I believe one of the reasons that ICC was discontinued was because the sales didn't match up to expectations. But now I know why.

Thank you for your try.

*Brings out the 2002 CD and starts a new season with England*
    how did you play three days stragiht?
    Chapple show qoutes
    That leprechauns on acid
    i wish i had more hands so i could give those T**tes four thumbs down
    im rick james B***h
    is this the 5'o clock free crack give away
    red balls it gives me wings
    shazzam

Cheater :P lmao.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    i wont be buying it, mainly because im dont think its worth it, with and updated 2002 DB is as good if not better. that and i dont have the time to play it these days anyway, not like i did with 2000
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    I bought the softwrap version and I'm undecided about whether it was worth it.

The database certainly needs some work, but I believe it will be fixed.

I'm also undecided whether the international spinner bug has been fixed, but then again I am using Warne and McGill so I'm not sure about that one.

Sixes...I have heard plenty of complaints about this one, but I think it has improved. I certainly have been getting more sixes.

The lack of player pics is a bummer. An option to add your own would have been a good idea.

Its hard to say anything about whether the AI is better or worse. Playing as Australia I have lost to Bangladesh in a ODI then playing England in the First Ashes Test and score 600+ in the first innings (Hayden 280, Ponting 232, partnership of 426), but its difficult to judge playing as Australia.

I think the decision on whether the game is worth it or not will be in the on-going support we receive...time will tell.
    So THAT was your mystery ball?

International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    woah nick how did you get it in Aus (demo I gues you mean?)
    Dylan Hooper-Jellett
    CWCA Chairman

Want to be the next Bradman - of the forum?
    Simmed Cricket. Real Fun.
    CricketWeb Cricket - Sign Up Now

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Melicous? Is that a nasty, yet tasty, comment?

For $40 Aussie dollars, it is not a bad edition. I know we can see the flaws and pick at them to our heart's content. But there are some positives. To be able to play as Bangladesh is a challenging prospect. The 20/20 cup is a good addition. The ability to select 2 international players for your county is good. I picked up Gillespie and Sarwan after one season.
    I agree, not a lot has changed from ICC2002 but I am enjoying the game as much as the others. I got a little carried away with trying to think of new databases for ICC2002. So I am hanging out for the patch for ICC2005. I know not all errors would be fixed up but every bit counts.
    P.S.: Annoyed at one thing. The habit ICC has of having some player names wrong eg. Iain O'brien instead of O'Brien, De silva instead of de Silva. Small thing but I am picky.
    It's opening time down on fascination street. So let's cut the conversation and get out for a bit. - Fascination Street from The Cure's Disintegration

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    Cheater :P lmao.
    LOL, no I just didn't close my computer for three days. Kept hibernating, and the game kept running at the background.

And I don't think the spinner issue has been addressed, and if it has, then its not been done properly, Dilshan picked up 76 wickets in the game I'd played, and he's parttime ffs. .

And sixes have definitely not been fixed. I hit the same number of sixes as I did in 02 - and yes I've reverted back to the older one.

I still don't feel convinced that the updated DB would be as comprehensive as the one done of this very forum.

Not worth buying for WC tbh. Saving money for FM :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information