• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ under GrahamB (ICC 2005)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ouch, that's quite comprehensive. Still, the series can still be 1-1! Good luck!

Graham

3rd Umpire
The 3rd Test ended in a draw.

Our number 1 strike bowler Iain O'Brien was hit by a bouncer in out first innings and suffered an injury that puts him out of the tour. He never got to bowl a ball in this test! Our attack consisted of M.Walker, B.Hefford, J.Oram and C.Harris.
Considering this and also considering that we were 150+ behind on the first innings due to a Jacques Kallis double century, the fightback to save the test was all the more commendable.
We set SA a target in order to allow us a slim chance of pulling off the win, but they were never interested, being happy to play out for the draw.
A 1-0 series win to SA.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Been a great read Graham, hopefully there are a few good wins just around the corner. Just make sure Kallis isn't playing :p

Graham

3rd Umpire
thewizard1o1 said:
Been a great read Graham, hopefully there are a few good wins just around the corner. Just make sure Kallis isn't playing :p
Cheers :D

There were a lot of big centuries/double centuries in that test series. :blink: SA definitely deserved their 1-0 series win though. Now onto the ODI's!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis isn't in bad form, is he? Bad luck. 280 is a pretty good score though, hope the bowlers can do a better job in the next two.

Cloete

International Captain
Good read Graham!

It's times like these you wish ICC had the intnentional beamer option :p

Gott abe some way to injure Kallis!

kenny44

Cricket Spectator
Have you tried Aldridge and Patel in the ODI's, Graham? They go pretty well for me. Tim McIntosh does well in the Tests..

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Ouch, putting 280 on the board you would expect win most games but damn, Kallis is a real pain in the ***. Fire the bowlers up for the next game and get stuck in :D

Graham

3rd Umpire
Thanks fellas for taking an interest and giving support. :D

I'm not really going into any depth with the story as we're all expecting a patch or database update at some stage. I'll of course restart at that point, so this is a "pre-patch" story!

I haven't tried Aldridge, Patel or McIntosh. This is the squad for the tour to SA.

Opening batsmen
M.Horne
S.Fleming
M.Papps

Other batsmen
M.Sinclair
C.Harris
J.Ryder
P.Fulton (captain)

Allrounders
N.Astle
J.Oram

Keepers
C.Nevin
M.Parlane

Pace bowlers
I.O'Brien
A.Schwass
M.Walker
T.Canning
B.Hefford
M.Mason

Spin bowler
B.Martin

And yes Kallis has almost singlehandedly destroyed us so far! I'd love to see him get sconed! :laugh:

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Kallis must have a MotM bonus...also seems that your batsmen suffer from the nervous 50s and 60s ;). Go pre-patch kiwis :p

Graham

3rd Umpire
thewizard1o1 said:
Kallis must have a MotM bonus...also seems that your batsmen suffer from the nervous 50s and 60s ;). Go pre-patch kiwis :p
Thanks for taking an interest.

I've made a few changes for the third and final ODI, bringing in players who've got good OD stats from the current season.
The batting is relatively unchanged with just M.Horne coming in for Papps. I guess Papps could be considered unlucky after his 50 in the previous match, but desperate times call for desperate measures! :p
In the bowling, A.Schwass and B.Martin come into the side to replace T.Canning and B.Hefford.

Let's see if the Kiwis can avoid a whitewash! :huh:

kof98

U19 12th Man
The selection for the SA team in the tests seemed very weird to me. Having Kallis as one of the four bowlers as well as an allrounder (Thomas/Hall) as one of the four bowlers. So the SA bowling should have been very weak then. What was the strength rating of the SA batting and bowling for the tests? (also the rating of the NZ team)

Graham

3rd Umpire
kof98 said:
The selection for the SA team in the tests seemed very weird to me. Having Kallis as one of the four bowlers as well as an allrounder (Thomas/Hall) as one of the four bowlers. So the SA bowling should have been very weak then. What was the strength rating of the SA batting and bowling for the tests? (also the rating of the NZ team)
From memory (and approximately!):
SA batting 5 stars bowling 4 stars
NZ batting 4 stars bowling 3 stars

I posted a screenie of the batting and bowling stats for each side somewhere in this story.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Papps :blink: the guy has top scored in each match...oh well get him to fire Horne up a bit before he goes out to bat...:)