• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Trial download

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent. :) Will probably download it tomorrow, seeing as it's only a 1-day trial.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
gosh downloaded it, i dont like the new interface at all! no idea how the transfers work...will docter that out later.

alexander_7

Cricket Spectator
after playing i only have one main problem which is with the database which is only updated to before the tour of south africa so player records for test matches and odi's is out of date and its like that tour never happened so no stats of pietersen's odi's etc . Other than that it looks like a really good game with international 20/20 aswell.

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
A few database issues I've spotted so far.

Stuart Law is Australian, should be English.
Marcus North is down as a Kolpak player, he shouldn't be.
Scottish and Irish players in county cricket are English.
Ottis Gibson's nationality is Dutch, should be West Indian (Kolpak)
Amjad Khan's nationality is also Dutch, should be Danish.
Ryan ten Doschate's nationality is South African (Kolpak), should be Dutch.

It looks like there is some sort of update feature though, so hopefully, these can be fixed for the full version.

jabba

Cricket Spectator
Also what has happened to the player photos? The run-rate graph is useful but it doesn't feel the same without the pictures.
And another thing, in my Twenty20 Cup group matches, I saw 2 6s from 8 matches, looks like they haven't fixed the 6 problem after all...

Blaze

Banned
I prefer ICC 2002 TBH.. There are so many database errors just in the NZ side it's not funny. I haven't looked at any other sides but there are heaps of errors in the NZ side

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Downloading the demo now - should be good to have a look at the game before actually purchasing it.

Cloete

International Captain
Downloading now! Just saw this on the site! :D

# Q: What computer specs do I need to run Cricket Captain 2005?
# A: Minimum PC Specifications: CPU: Pentium 200MHz processor (or equivalent), RAM: 32MB, Video: Direct3D compatible graphics card with 4Mb ram, HD: 150MB of free space, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

Multiplayer Specifications: available shortly.

Download complete! Good old cable! :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well after 1/2 a season with hampshire....

Warne isn't much good, absolute bunny with the bat

Pieterson cant hit 6's (ie the 6's haven't been fixed)

the twenty20 seems pretty random, lot sof teams getting bowled out for less than 80, and not many getting more than 140 - i thought the average score was supposed to be close to 160?

Pathan is awsome, averaging lime 12 with the ball in ODers.

the menu system isn't great

alot of the pictures and logos are not there, replaced by random fuzzy lines - and in team selection the bats, stumps and balls that tell you what sort of player a player is when that player is highlighted do the same thing.

might play some more later to get to the ontracts screen but i think i will go back to BF2 for the time being.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome, I love it, just bought it. There are some errors in the database but its not enough to stop me from enjoying the game. Does sound like there will be some patches too, look forward to those. This has made my day.

Hoggy31

International Captain
_Ed_ said:
Awesome, I love it, just bought it. There are some errors in the database but its not enough to stop me from enjoying the game. Does sound like there will be some patches too, look forward to those. This has made my day.
You lucky b*stard, You get it now.. I already pre-ordered it, so i have to wait to August 5th for delivery :( Im so jealous..

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Only played for five minutes with New Zealand but some definite errors:
Mark Richardson is not an opener.
Hamish Marshall is a full time wicket keeper!
Kyle Mills is still an allrounder - IMO should be bowler
Nathan Astle is also still an allrounder - should be batsman

TBH, the back screen looks nice and clean and the buttons, although some in different places add to the attraction.

I'll comment more once I've played a few matches.

darko21

U19 Debutant
Is this only a one day trial as preivously stated?
Also, any info if it will be available in Australia?