• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2005 - Opinions Please!

simmy

International Regular
Just got the game today on the XBox,

Firstly it is noticeable that the game is 100 times better looking with fairly comical characters. Obviously I was playing an Ashes as my first game and straight away noticed the realism of Flintoff and McGrath especially. Something the last installment lacked.

Bowling is easy enough. Not conceding runs is very simple but getting wickets perhaps not so much. If you bowl enough dot balls or get a wicket you get a "special ball". This allows a perfectly pitched yorker to be bowled or reverse swinging yorker, a slower ball or a well pitched bouncer. A good addition it must be said.

Batting however is so much harder however. On "normal" the bowlers simply to do not put it wide... ever. So scoring runs is simply working it away on the leg side. Timing is a lot more difficult unless your batsmen is very confident.

Great game though and good to see drastic improvements.. but...

YOU CANNOT SAVE A GAME WHILST PLAYING IT! I was in the middle of a test match and then found out you cant save the bloody thing!
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
sounds all to similar to C2004 for my liking, i wont be buying it unless something really impresses me about it.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
OMG this game suck...:S sooo easy getting lbw's n stuff as a spinner!
bowl em short...no pace..guarenteed wicket.
batting is almost impossible!