• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pc Demo Feedback

aamworld

Cricket Spectator
Hey Everyone!
From the past few months i have been looking at this website nearly everyday and waited very patiently for the demo to come out. Today i downloaded the non commentry demo and wow... its just TOOOOOO GOOD... I played for 4 hours straight and still did not get sick of it... im sure with the commentry it will be better. I started this thread so you can post your feedbacks on the Pc Demo, and also any tips as well. This is my first thread for this game so please if i got annoying, ignore it. 8-) thanks

Blaze

Banned
I went in with an open mind and played both demos and I liked BLIC way more than Cricket 05 from EA sports.

It is just so much more fun to play. Although I don't like how they take catches sometimes inches off the ground like they are stopping a ball from going for four.

Overall Fun game though

JANER

Cricket Spectator
BLIC is just way too fast and arcadey, EA version may have it's faults but least it is slow like real cricket.
I will buy both and play them for a good while, then I will see which 1 I like best.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
My fielders drop every ball that comes their way, the bowling speeds are too erratic and you shouldn't be able to play a simple flick off the pads into the stands. The controls are questionable to say the least. None the less some of the stuff is great and if they work hard on making the game play a little fairer and more realistic then we could have a very good cricket game finally.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
James90 said:
My fielders drop every ball that comes their way, the bowling speeds are too erratic and you shouldn't be able to play a simple flick off the pads into the stands. The controls are questionable to say the least. None the less some of the stuff is great and if they work hard on making the game play a little fairer and more realistic then we could have a very good cricket game finally.
1) and 2) are because you're not very good - and as for the flicks for six, I've found that shot to be effective but also pretty high-risk in that you can very, very easily a) miss it and get bowled/LBW, b) sky it or c) leading edge it and get caught and bowled/at slip/behind.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
James90 said:
The reason your fielders drop every ball is probably because you are not trying to catch them. You have to stop the meter that comes up (the same one that comes up when you throw the ball), unlike other cricket games which do the catching for you.

Re: the bowling speeds - Neil, I can't speak for the PS2 demo, but in the PC demo the bowling speeds are wildly erratic when the CPU is bowling as well - this can't be attributed to James' skill.

I also found the controls a little dodgy, but I plan on getting the PS2 version so shouldn't be a problem I hope. :)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok thanks guys I'm doing a lot better now. I think Cricket 2005 is a lot more about the actual game while BLIC is more fun and television like.

Mortarion

Cricket Spectator
Ok i got the demo and i love it...for the most part. I think it looks fantastic - better than cricket 2005 if you ask me and better animated. I do however have a few annoying gripes with the game so far...

1. No matter where i bowl, about 80% of the time the computer hits the ball to either fine-leg or 3rd man....this isnt realistic at all and even less so when you count the amount of 6's the computer hits over fine-leg - something that happens very rarely in real cricket but in this game its like 6 times per game!

2. Im pretty much having the same problem as the others with bowling speeds.....I cant get above 70mph with Harmison or Gillespie....yet i manage to average around 88mph with Gough(??)

3. Why arent there any manhattans, wagonwheels, worm graphs etc..? Fair enough the Hawkeye is awesome but wouldnt a bit more stats and breakdown be the obvious inclusion??

4. No matter what i choose for the batting controls they just dont work and cant be saved (??) I can only use W for batting, no aggressive shots or anything....and the special delivery doesnt work either (havent seen it tobe all that different or "special" at all)

This really is an awesome game and i really really hope they sort out these annoying bugs. EA has made a bit of a habit of making relatively good games that get spoiled by unavoidably horrendous bugs - lets hope they sort all these out before BLC2005 gets released because if they do this will be the best cricket game yet!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
its just a demo:P
the manhattens and stuff will be included but just not yet in the demo(i think not 100% sure)
the sixes over 3rd man and fineleg are so f*kn annoying! its soo unrealistic, for the rest i like the game, i like the television kinda thing :) really cool.

Blaze

Banned
I was reading on the codemasters forum and this is the finished product so no changes are going to be made.

With regards to bowling - You have to get the meter right on the line to bowl at 135km+

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mortarion said:
Ok i got the demo and i love it...for the most part. I think it looks fantastic - better than cricket 2005 if you ask me and better animated. I do however have a few annoying gripes with the game so far...

1. No matter where i bowl, about 80% of the time the computer hits the ball to either fine-leg or 3rd man....this isnt realistic at all and even less so when you count the amount of 6's the computer hits over fine-leg - something that happens very rarely in real cricket but in this game its like 6 times per game!

Generally if you bowl straight this will happen. Try aiming a bit further outside off-stump (which is a more realistic line, really).

2. Im pretty much having the same problem as the others with bowling speeds.....I cant get above 70mph with Harmison or Gillespie....yet i manage to average around 88mph with Gough(??)

Same problems for me.

3. Why arent there any manhattans, wagonwheels, worm graphs etc..? Fair enough the Hawkeye is awesome but wouldnt a bit more stats and breakdown be the obvious inclusion??

Wondered the same myself, I'm hoping that they will be available in the full version...

4. No matter what i choose for the batting controls they just dont work and cant be saved (??) I can only use W for batting, no aggressive shots or anything....

I changed the default keys successfully, and haven't had any problems since. Not sure why some others haven't been able to though.

and the special delivery doesnt work either (havent seen it tobe all that different or "special" at all)

You can only use the special deliveries properly when the confidence meter in the bottom-left corner is full.

This really is an awesome game and i really really hope they sort out these annoying bugs. EA has made a bit of a habit of making relatively good games that get spoiled by unavoidably horrendous bugs - lets hope they sort all these out before BLC2005 gets released because if they do this will be the best cricket game yet!
:mellow:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Bowling speed is fine it's just that you have to time it almost perfect.. i have been bowling 155kph with Brett lee by getting the timeing perfect ie.. just a tiny bit over the marker not to much or it's a noball and slow..

It needs to be corrected so that it's easier to bowl at proper speeds.. very challanging atm and probably to much so.

Eclipse

International Debutant
people are also saying batting is very easy but i think this is the arcade mode they where talking about, just look how much confidence each batsman has to start off with before they even face a ball, and this is not the hardest level either..

****es me off that i can't play a sweep shot though :(

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
the demo crashes after first ball :(
i have mx440 agp and my pc meets all other system req.
this is so disappointing after u've dloaded 318MB on dial-up. :cry:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Having played it for a bit now i remain impressed but with a few minor niggles

Bowling - impressed with the bowling engine but the speeds really need to be sorted out, i realise it should be tricky to get it spot on and bowl an effort ball but you should be able to get a standard speed pretty easy - Harmison should not be bowling at 40mph whatever you do and spinners at 30mph?

Fielding - like the input to do with throws etc but it really doesn't mean anything how you get your throw in becuase the Computer never takes you on. i'veyet to catch one, dropped a few, guess its all down to timing.

Getting computer wickets seems quite tough given the nature of the demo, in fact the batsmen are relatively sedate if you bowl outside off and just short of a length.

But overall looking good

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Blaze said:
I was reading on the codemasters forum and this is the finished product so no changes are going to be made.

With regards to bowling - You have to get the meter right on the line to bowl at 135km+
RG has posted on the Codies forum that changes are being made and the demo is not the final code.
Those scores and screens aren't from the demo. Assume you have the full copy already then. Care to share some more pics with us?

Last edited: