• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pc Demo Feedback

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
James said:
Thank goodness for Getright (file resumer) is all I can say!

Yes still on 56k, not willing the pay the $$$ for broadband here in little old New Zealand.
What the hell >> it says your in wellington..

we have cheap as fuk broadband....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
James what I did was play as Australia and alter England's batting line up so that Harmisson and Anderson were opening the batting with Gough at three. I then proceeded to select Brett Lee to open the bowling for me and I bowled right at there feet and they had no chance. Cheap I know but it made me feel good...
Out of character for Lee though - doesn't he usually aim for the heads of the tail?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
u can score more than 100 EASY in the 6 over demo..... i imagine in a 50 over game u should be able to reach 1000.....

Seriously... wtf!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
MoxPearl said:
u can score more than 100 EASY in the 6 over demo..... i imagine in a 50 over game u should be able to reach 1000.....

Seriously... wtf!
What about wickets in hand, in a 50 over match you would be bowled out.

King_Ponting

International Regular
yeh you'll be bowled out a little before although u do get the benefit of the 15 over restrictions so i reckon maybe u might get to 40 overs. Normally when i score 150+ on the demo i am 2 or 3 down

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't forget that as you lose wickets the batsmen coming in get more and more rubbish, also the bowlers do get a little better as they go on, even when they're getting smacked around. Anyway the game is on 'county' level or something, so it's probably on one of the easiest if not the easiest level.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
My prob with the demo is that I score 20-odd off the first over and then there are 9 on the boundary for the other 5 overs. If you mis-time the shot even slightly you get out and it's harder to time it with new batsmen. my highest score is only 70.

King_Ponting

International Regular
yeh i could probably help ya there barmy. Use the side ways buttons to move accross and usually, by using those buttons u can normally play a shot that will go into the gaps. Also if u hit consecutive 6's whilst men are on the boundary. ie over there head. the feilding captain will bring all the fielders bar 3 in close for some reason...

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
MoxPearl said:

Seriously... wtf!

I think this is just a slog mode where the batsmen come in fully settled in already. In the real game I think you have to get your batsmen in before going for and connecting big shots.

karanmadan

Cricket Spectator
yep thats def true cuz if u look at the confidence meter in the bottom left its either filled up already or it fills up really quickly. im hoping the game is harder than the demo on this difficulty setting cuz the difficulty settings go in this order from easiest to hardest....Village, County, and Test. the demo is on county setting.
a great improvement to cricket games is the bowling in this game. its a lot of fun to watch batsman's stumps flying everywhere especially when u are the one to cause the damage. i think its a really good move that theres no autoplay in this game.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Jamee999 said:
What about wickets in hand, in a 50 over match you would be bowled out.

No you wouldnt.. u can get more than 100 in the demo easy with maybe 1 or 2 wickets down

I thought bowling was a bit tought.. but i just played a game.. got 6 of there wickets for only 30 runs

Honestly... wtf

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
karanmadan said:
i think its a really good move that theres no autoplay in this game.
Sorry I disagree, no harm in having the option there. I like to use the occasional autoplay for test matches when bowling.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess a problem with BLIC is that for at least the next year or so, the rules for OD games are going to be old-fashioned, aren't they? I imagine this is the case with C2005 as well (I wouldn't know seeing as I can't play either).

maddog79

Cricket Spectator
whats this rumour that the ps2 version is crap?

anyone know anything about this because im planning to get RPIC on ps2 in September