• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pc Demo Feedback

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing I don't like about the batting is the way that when there are 7 fielders pretty much square of the wicket and 2 close in straight mid-on and mid-off, you go for the 'lofted shot' against someone crap like Powell and you get it very slightly wrong and every time without fail the ball miraculously goes to one of the mid-on mid-off fielders - it's like every slightly off lofted shot goes to a fielder regardless of where the fielders and it has a very scripted feel to it, you miss the perfect spot by a millisecond and so that's it you're out, it's just a matter of the computer deciding which fielder the ball is gonna end up at. It should not be like that, if you're slightly out the ball should get mistimed maybe 40-50 yards over the infield comfortably, a bit further out and it goes a bit more up in the air and so on - it shouldn't feel like it's an automatic out every time.

King_Ponting

International Regular
barmyarmy said:
RG has posted on the Codies forum that changes are being made and the demo is not the final code.
Those scores and screens aren't from the demo. Assume you have the full copy already then. Care to share some more pics with us?
I think they are the screens in the demo cause thats what happens when u score 50 or 100....

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On most keyboards there should be a 'Print Scrn' key above the cursor (arrow) keys and above the block of 6 Insert, Home, Page Up etc. keys. Once you've pressed that key exit the game and go to some sort of paint program and select paste.

King_Ponting

International Regular
yeh i did that and went into paint and pressed ctrl v but it didnt work it came up with some text id copied earlier.........

James

Cricket Web Owner
A few things I've noticed:

* Fielders run around like clowns, always seem to run around the ball and watch it go for four rather than heading straight for the ball.
* Probably me but how can you get a wicket? I've played 5 games for 0 wickets :D
* Wides, you can bowl on the edge of the pitch on the off side and it isn't called a wide. I bowled a ball to 1st slip, it wasn't called a wide and then David Gower goes and says "dropped catch"!
* Very minor but the CPU got a hat-trick against me and the commentary team said nothing.

Game looks and plays really well though :)

Blaze

Banned
James said:
A few things I've noticed:

* Fielders run around like clowns, always seem to run around the ball and watch it go for four rather than heading straight for the ball.
* Probably me but how can you get a wicket? I've played 5 games for 0 wickets :D
* Wides, you can bowl on the edge of the pitch on the off side and it isn't called a wide. I bowled a ball to 1st slip, it wasn't called a wide and then David Gower goes and says "dropped catch"!
* Very minor but the CPU got a hat-trick against me and the commentary team said nothing.

Game looks and plays really well though :)
James what I did was play as Australia and alter England's batting line up so that Harmisson and Anderson were opening the batting with Gough at three. I then proceeded to select Brett Lee to open the bowling for me and I bowled right at there feet and they had no chance. Cheap I know but it made me feel good...

I also hate the way fielders run at the ball rather than running widder to give themselves a greater chance of stopping the ball. Really frustrating as they could easily stop it but they let it run by and there is nothing you can do about it

Blaze

Banned
barmyarmy said:
RG has posted on the Codies forum that changes are being made and the demo is not the final code.
Those scores and screens aren't from the demo. Assume you have the full copy already then. Care to share some more pics with us?

Yeah I read that as well. I wonder what these will be?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Blaze said:
James what I did was play as Australia and alter England's batting line up so that Harmisson and Anderson were opening the batting with Gough at three. I then proceeded to select Brett Lee to open the bowling for me and I bowled right at there feet and they had no chance. Cheap I know but it made me feel good...
LOL - that's good idea :D

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thank goodness for Getright (file resumer) is all I can say!

Yes still on 56k, not willing the pay the $$$ for broadband here in little old New Zealand.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
the looks...NAH! cricket 2005 is in graphics awesome. the game just isnt..what i want from a cricket game...BLIC 2005 comes waay closer. :)

Somerset_Rule

Cricket Spectator
yeh i agree, on Cricket 2005 there are no easy runs, its over the top or nothing. also the auto play is rubbish. i was kent and autoplayed against australia. it came up as
Australia 202-9 Gilcharist 57 off 86 balls