• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

quick PAL format question

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ok, i went to sporting-gifts.com, the site that cricketweb is partnered with to sell the game, says that the game is formatted "european PAL playstations".

does that mean if one has a japan PAL formatted system it will work?

also is there a difference for european and austalia PAL format?

thanks,

jeff

JeffStar

King_Ponting said:
i thought japan was ntsc?
well hypothetically-

i heard its possible for people getting mod chips on their playstation2 USA to play Japan games.

so, one would want to know just for conversation matters, if they had that done could they then play games from england or australia?

James

Cricket Web Owner
and the response is:

as long as it is a PAL system it should work.
Australia should be fine.
If it is PAL system in Japan it should be ok.

Hope this helps.

Steve

JeffStar

much thanks! now i can go get my playstation modified, & buy both games .... hypothetically speaking of course ;)

Last edited:

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I think you can get it modded OR can get something that you plug into the back. Now I will try and find the site for you.