• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darko's ACC Database

darko21

U19 Debutant
Hi everybody!
I have been looking at this forum for some time and seeing all the different dbs that have come up and I decided to make my own. So i wish to get some feedback about my Australian Cricket Captain database.
Of course, Australia only has 6 domestic teams so with the other 12 teams I created second XI's and a kinda mix of young and old teams.
Derby - Sydney(NSW)
Durham - Perth(WA)
Essex - Rockhampton(QLD mix)
Glams - Darwin(SA second XI)
Gloucs - Eyre(SA mix)
Hants - Newcastle(NSW mix)
Kent - Brisbane(QLD)
Lancs - Adelaide(SA)
Leics - Hobart(TAS)
Middx - Canberra(NSW second XI)
Northants - Cairns(QLD second XI)
Notts - Launceston(TAS secondXI)
Somerset - Bunbury(WA mix)
Surrey - Fremantle(WA second XI)
Sussex - Melbourne(VIC)
Warwicks - Geelong(VIC second XI)
Worcs - Strahan(TAS mix)
Yorks - Yarra(VIC mix)
Each team has 19 players (one or two possibly internationals). I have also tried to keep it up to date with developments in our local comps with Mathew Inness going to WA and Matthew Elliott going to SA. The former England players become Australians. I have not updated stats or decreased each player by three years as to keep it current. One reason is due to time. Therefore the contracts end as early as 3 years and as late as 5 years.I am currently searching to fix grounds, partnership and individual records. Any help on these is appreciated.
I would like as much feedback as possible but I dunno if I can get around to it in quick time due to my uni course.
Thankyou fellow ICC fans.
-Brad, 19, Adelaide, Australia

darko21

U19 Debutant
It is for ICC 2002. And i forgot to add it so here it is this time.
P.S. This is using the old Magpie editor so the bowling abilities are at max. 111 not 121.

mahmoodbhopal

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
gooood work but i found this that some teams dosent have good bowlers like new castle they suck at bowling batting is ok there alrounders are not that good like clark hs batting is ok 42.23 ave and bowling sucks 58 ave so change these kind stuff other wise its goood ty

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
mahmoodbhopal said:
gooood work but i found this that some teams dosent have good bowlers like new castle they suck at bowling batting is ok there alrounders are not that good like clark hs batting is ok 42.23 ave and bowling sucks 58 ave so change these kind stuff other wise its goood ty
Mate... Newcastle is a second-string team... hence they suck...

darko21

U19 Debutant
I know some teams have crap bowlers and it is hard to get stats for some players because they have not played enough first class or OD cricket and have to rely on second XI. For example: Moises Henriques for NSW has no real stats to base ability around so I realise these kinds of players need reworking. I will have time probably in a few days to get around to it but until then, enjoy!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Dont worry Darko :P it's a good conversion, but maybe add in the PM's XI, ACTSIC XI or something...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Whats the point in doing that? They dont deserve to have great bowlersm in their team unless they are aparrt of that club. Otherwise the game will be to even and the smaller teams will be beating the likes of QLD and NSW... which would not normally happen. Its a good DB very well done. JUst needs some tinkering.

darko21

U19 Debutant
This is an open question to anyone: Do you think the players' histories needed to be updtaed along with decreasing their ages by 3 years, to make it more current?

mahmoodbhopal

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
kears_falcon_9 said:
Whats the point in doing that? They dont deserve to have great bowlersm in their team unless they are aparrt of that club. Otherwise the game will be to even and the smaller teams will be beating the likes of QLD and NSW... which would not normally happen. Its a good DB very well done. JUst needs some tinkering.
i am saying is new castle have three great batsmen slater waugh brothers and an allrounder shane lee so i think they have good batsmen so they might need a bowler
because there bowlers are so crap no one averages under 40 in my game

darko21

U19 Debutant
Okay, the Newcastle debate. I will sort it out now.
Matthew Baker - No FC or ODD matches. SXI - 5W@23 from 2 matches
Simon Cook - averages 30 in FC, 37 in ODD. SXI - 3W@66 from 3 matches
Adam Fleming - No FC or ODD matches.
James Stewart - averages 53 in FC, 31 in ODD
Scott Thompson - averages 43 in FC, 33 in ODD
Shane Lee - averages 40 in FC, 26 in ODD
Cam Nupier - No FC or ODD matches. SXI - 2w@45 from 1 match
Anthony Clark - averages 43 in FC, no wickets in ODD. SXI - 13W@14 from 7 matches
Ian Butler - NZ test player. Averages 31 in tests

There are the stats of each bowler and all-rounders from Newcastle. As you can see, the averages aren't fantastic in the side. I am looking at the side tonight and possibly reitring (replacing) some players such as the Waughs, Lee, Hills etc. This may make the sides even worse. I am sorry for the depletion of the 2nd and 3rd string side. But they are 2ND and 3RD, not the best in the state.
An update should be finished soon with some records done (unable to find partnerships) and the grounds.
Thankyou for the support everyone.

darko21

U19 Debutant
Hello all,
After hearing some comments about the database, I have changed a few things.
- No longer will Anthony Clark be in the game.
- Some team names have changed e.g. Eyre = Southern Districts, Bunbury = Western Districts.
- New ground names and some info about the grounds. Also records deleted (to be replaced).
- The Canberra side is now actually Canberra Comets of 1999/2000 season with a few added players. Thus the previous Canberra side is now Newcastle.
- Extra players to the squads.
- Some older players have been replaced e.g. the Waughs.
- Minor tinkering with the ablities of some players.
- John Davison and Murray Goodwin are no longer internationals.
I hope you enjoy the new changes. Mainyl because I didn't backup the original so these changes are to stay.
Thanks everyone.