• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

IanBell

Cricket Spectator
Just started playing with this update - thanks for your hard work, KentLad (and whoever else). Much more realistic feel to it.

Chris2K

Cricket Spectator
I suppose he is a pinch-hitter, but an average of 29.83 this season in NL1 shows he can do it pretty well.

One other thing I've noticed is the ethnic undiversification at Worcestershire. People like Solanki, Vaas etc. are white.

Chris2K

Cricket Spectator
Oh right, sorry. I haven't been following the benefits and problems of the Magpie editor, hence why I feel a bit guilty about pointing out all the small little faults.

Honestly, what you guys have done for the database so far is incredible, and I certainly wouldn't have been able to do such a good job!

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
Couple of other things to look at.....

Gavin Hamilton's nationality should be changed back to Scottish, now he's playing for them again.

Stuart Law's nationality should be changed to English, as he is eligible to play for England now.

Glenn Chapple could be changed to an all-rounder, but not with a high batting skill, as should Kyle Hogg.

You could add a few of the current Scottish players if you can, the out of contract Scottish players do get picked in the C&G in ICC2002 at least.

Stick the Dutch players in the Holland side that plays in the C&G, make the side a bit more realistic.

Change Damien Mills for a more recent Canadian player, there's no chance that Mills is ever going to be picked again.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
The latest database update is attached.

The main focus of this update has been to correct minor national sides like Kenya, Namibia, Scotland etc, and to include some former first class players in minor county squads - such as Steve Watkin playing for Minor Co's Wales.

There are a few national updates - like Brooke Walker and Matthew Hart retiring from NZ, and a few tweaks to all players stats.

I haven't changed ethnicity due to the current situation with Magpie, and the max bowling skill on this update is only 111 as I used the older version of the editor.

As always, all comments are welcome...

Attachments

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Dark Hunter said:
dunno if this is just me, but i've had some problems with the latest update.

I started with Hampshire, and i would drop a player, and he would dissapear. Then i would drop some others, and the first one would re-appear, but the others i dropped would the disappear. like the sqaud kept going of the screen... this was on the team selction page.

Also, some players appear in the team selection page, but not in the sqaud list, like M Munday for Hampshire....Also, with new players, when u check their stats, instead of going to their page, it just goes to the top of the list, not to their page...

Like i said, i dunno if this is just a problem with my ICC or sumtin else.
Anyway, just thought i'd let u know...
apart from this, it looks awesome, great job mate..

Yes I've found this problem, is this problem still an issue?

gio

U19 Cricketer
I've found a similar problem, where squads change day in day out... When I went Northants, the original squad you see at the start is fine, but when selection time comes for the first game, Loye and all the old players appear...

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Is it possible to edit the update using magpie, because ive been trying to edit and move players around myself but the players stay where they are and names wont change.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
There shouldn't be a problem editing the update as far as I'm aware.

Now I see many of you have tried out the update - what do you think - is there anything that needs altering or any players I've missed out - or ones who should retire?

My next update will incorporate the latest county transfers with Rogers in for Mongia at Leics and a few others...like anyone who can score over 20 and get some wickets in for Justin Kemp at Kent....I wish! :)

darko21

U19 Debutant
Just a few things i noticed:
Cullum Ferguson should be Callum Ferguson
Dominic Thornely should be Dominic Thornley
Andrew James, the Crook brothers and Callum Thorp should be Aussies, not English.
Other than that it is a fantastic database and I am using your current update as my base for a Southern Hemisphere Super 18. The database is a third complete and I hope to include more than just the database (e.g. Grounds, records, logos etc.)

darko21

U19 Debutant
My mistake. I always thought it was Thornley but what can you do. And just a query, the reason for the 4 players being English, is that because of the Kolpak players thingy or is it something else. Because those players are Aussies, I am sure of it.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
For the next update, if there is one, what about putting Trevor Penney as a part-time keeper, he's been keeping a bit for Warwicks recently.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok thanks for that I did not realise he'd kept wicket.

By the looks of things the new ICC2005 will negate the need for this database, I just hope that the data in the new game is accurate...or else!!!