• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

Blaze

Banned
KentLad said:
Now I see many of you have tried out the update - what do you think - is there anything that needs altering or any players I've missed out - or ones who should retire?
I love it mate. I have played with NZ up to the year 2013 and think that the abilities of the players in real life match up to the way they perform in the game.

Two things that, if you are making another update, should be changed IMO.

1) Hamish Marshall only averaged 27.8 after playing in over 50 test matches. Maybe he needs to be pushed up a bit as far as batting is concerned.

2) I know that I have been going on and on about this but Shane Bond definetly needs his bowling ability improved. To let you know how good he was before he got injured he has the best bowling strike rate in One Day International cricket history. Here are his stats in the game I have played.

In real life his strike rate is 26. In the game I played where he has played 77 ODI's his bowling strike rate works out to be 53.7 and he averages 37 in both forms of the game with the ball.

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
2) I know that I have been going on and on about this but Shane Bond definetly needs his bowling ability improved. To let you know how good he was before he got injured he has the best bowling strike rate in One Day International cricket history. Here are his stats in the game I have played.
Just to remind you, he hasn't played ODI's since his injury, so can't be put back at that level.

Think of Brett Lee - Test average pre-injury about 16, post, it's about 38.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Blaze - Glad you like it - I will look at increasing H Mashall a notch or two, as for Bond - this one looks like it'll run and run! I might increase him a little bit.

What is likely to be my final update before ICC 2005 will be posted by the weekend.

This will include a few minor changes, a few new county players, and will include some transfers such as Sarwan to Gloucestershire and Younis Khan to Notts to replace Fleming - though not sure if that's worth it as Fleming is coming back (isn't he??) in 5 weeks time.

Any other changes you can think of before I post?

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
Just to remind you, he hasn't played ODI's since his injury, so can't be put back at that level.

Think of Brett Lee - Test average pre-injury about 16, post, it's about 38.

Yes but in the game he hasn't been injured..

Blaze

Banned
KentLad said:
Blaze - Glad you like it - I will look at increasing H Mashall a notch or two, as for Bond - this one looks like it'll run and run! I might increase him a little bit.

Any other changes you can think of before I post?

I will look back over my game tomorrow and let you know if i can see anything that needs changing.

The most annoying thing about Bond in the game is that he doesn't take wickets which is his job as a strike bowler. He doesn't get selected in the best XI and sometimes isn't even recommended to be on tours. In reality a fit Shane Bond would be the first player picked, even before Steven Fleming, yet in the game players like Chris Martin, James Franklin and Darryll Tuffey all out perform him and all gain selection ahead of him. It's just what I think should happen but at the end of the day it's your decision.

Keep up the good work mate it really is a super database

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
I will look back over my game tomorrow and let you know if i can see anything that needs changing.

The most annoying thing about Bond in the game is that he doesn't take wickets which is his job as a strike bowler. He doesn't get selected in the best XI and sometimes isn't even recommended to be on tours. In reality a fit Shane Bond would be the first player picked, even before Steven Fleming, yet in the game players like Chris Martin, James Franklin and Darryll Tuffey all out perform him and all gain selection ahead of him. It's just what I think should happen but at the end of the day it's your decision.

Keep up the good work mate it really is a super database
Edit him yourself.

Blaze

Banned
SirBloody Idiot said:
Can I ask why Blaze doesn't edit Bond to his liking himself, as it seems most other people disagree with him.

I have no idea how I would go about it, I am not flash with computers. It's just my opinion mate..It seems stupid having the bowler with the all time best strike rate in one day cricket bowling at a strike rate of over 50 but whatever KentLand decides I will accept because he has done such a great job

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
I have no idea how I would go about it, I am not flash with computers. It's just my opinion mate..It seems stupid having the bowler with the all time best strike rate in one day cricket bowling at a strike rate of over 50 but whatever KentLand decides I will accept because he has done such a great job
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=9128

That may help.

We will agree to disagree, but for a guy who has been out for two years, and with this update set in the present, do you expect him to be anywhere near as good?

darko21

U19 Debutant
Just touching on the Shane Bond thing, I have no doubt he is a talent. After all, he took 14 wickets in 4 matches against us Aussies a few years back. However, you can't say after 27 ODIs that he demands to be better. Bond has got the best strike rate but Naved-ul-Hasan and the more experienced Brett Lee are not far behind. And looking at the economy rates of bowlers with a low strike rate, they are over 4 an over. Also the bowling abilities on Magpie are more related to average than strike rate. That's why players like McGrath and Harmison have the best bowling abilities in the game.
Ultimately, I think we should wait to see Bond play more international cricket before making him the next Walsh, Hadlee or Lillee.

Graham

3rd Umpire
marc71178 said:
Graham, he played 30 out of 34 games - hardly as if he wasn't given the chances!
Hi Marc,

is that 30 out of the last 34 test matches? I know he's been 12th man a hell of a lot.

Graham.

cpr

International Coach
Shane Bond... ok an impressive debut in the VB series in australia, after that though, not really an impressive career... If you ignore the 2 matches v Bangladesh, and the one v Canada, because lets face it even Gillespie could produce some fine figures against them, he averages 26.2, SR of 36.3, and econ of 4.33.... So ok its still good, but not world beating figures is it?

And yes, he's been injured, he's lost a year of cricket, he's 30, he isnt coming back the player he was.