• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2003 Cricket World Cup DVD

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hello! I am Stefano! I am from Italy. I am looking for the DVD of the 2003 WC final. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Sup Stefano! I'm not going to suggest illegal methods, so why don't you try any second-hand DVD/video stores around Italy? They could possibly have a copy. Or you could go to www.baggygreen.com and try to order one, that may be the easiest way.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi, Nick.

Thanks for your reply. In Italy, it is very difficult (let's say impossible) to find videos about cricket.

However, I am sure that all of you have watched that 2003 World Cup final on TV. And maybe some of you have recorded it on a VHS or a DVD. And that is what I am looking for. Maybe, I am wrong, but I don't think that it is illegal. It is not like buying a DVD from a store and then make copies: that is illegal.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Okay, so you want someone who has most likely TAPED most of the world cup to send it over to you somehow?..

dinu23

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Money isn't an issue I'd say - it's still strictly speaking copyright breach.
well, they don't put a notice before a match saying it's illegal to record it on VHS or anything. i've recorded complete matches on a single 3 hour VHS tape. but unfortunately i didn't record the WC final.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dinu23 said:
well, they don't put a notice before a match saying it's illegal to record it on VHS or anything. i've recorded complete matches on a single 3 hour VHS tape. but unfortunately i didn't record the WC final.
Yes, but the law regarding recording of Television permits it only for personal use, and technically prevents it from being held longer than 24 hours.

dinu23

International Debutant
really? so in england u can't keep a TV recording more than 24 hours? if so, that's another reason i don't won't to leave SL.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
I'd try e-bay or Amazon.
Yeah good one, I really should have suggested that, maybe coz I'm blonde :D
So it is illegal? I wasn't sure, if someone had taped it for themselves and lent it to someone that would probably be okay, its just the whole exporting/importing of tapes I'm not too flash-hot on :P