• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need help with Cricket 2004

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Hi, I've installed the game and when I try to run it, I get a message saying" Error, unable to initialize." Can anyone help? Thanks

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Yes, and it's fixed now. The thing required was the latest video driver compatible with my system, which I downloaded and installed. :)

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
But the game is too slow even though I have the latest version of directX installed(9.0) as well. It takes about a min before the bowler completes his run-up. And the graphics don't look good as well when I'm playing a match.

dinu23

International Debutant
what is the configuration of ur system? is it a Pentium III or IV?
how much memory do you have? Is ur graphics card a 3D accelerator card? how much video memory does it have?

dinu23

International Debutant
is ur computer a laptop? b'cause Radeon IGP 320M was designed mainly for laptops.
try reducing the resolution of the game and reduce the details(turn off video screens,shadows etc)

jacobfelix

Cricket Spectator
Well, Just installed Cricket 2004 since my friend gave me the CD..just wanted to give it a try.
I have a problem. My system requirements passes the ones needed to run this game but when I run this game...the game loads quickly the players come on quickly BUT when the actual game starts everything slows down....the bowler comes on to bowl almost like a slow motion replay, the batsman moves around same way, the ball cursor too moves around frame by frame...it takes ages for an over to complete but the surprise is in the Nets everything is fine. The bowler,batsman, ball cursor ..all are quicker.
Whats the problem and solution?

jacobfelix

Cricket Spectator
THanks buddy..it worked..after I reduced the pitch,shadow detail etc. Now I have a new problem :D While batting, I take a single and sometimes when I press D for another run, those batsman take off late. By that time the throw comes on and a run-out happens. Is this a bug or what?

Natman20

International Debutant
While we are talking about cricket 2004 does anyone know if you can unlock special teams or anything on the pc version

dinu23

International Debutant
jacobfelix said:
THanks buddy..it worked..after I reduced the pitch,shadow detail etc. Now I have a new problem :D While batting, I take a single and sometimes when I press D for another run, those batsman take off late. By that time the throw comes on and a run-out happens. Is this a bug or what?
well....maybe u're pressing D a bit too late or maybe u can't take 2 for that shot. my runouts usually occur b'cause of wrong judgement.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Natman20 said:
While we are talking about cricket 2004 does anyone know if you can unlock special teams or anything on the pc version
Ive got all the trophies on hard difficulty and i cant say that ive got any special team

jacobfelix

Cricket Spectator
Well...Another problem arises..this one was also in Cricket 2002. I went to a test match with Mark Butcher in place of some R Clarke. But in the second knock Clarke was back in place of Butcher.... :D he he he Super sub indeed :D .
Now what do i do for this line-up problem?