• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some queries and comments

ssj5

Cricket Spectator
Hey everyone, great to find a forum that's still running based on this potentially great game. I've only just started to play it, and I'm quite enjoying it already.

I've got a few questions - when batting, does that option to put a green tick and red cross mean that the batsman with the red cross is protected from the strike? Also what does that option below that mean...I think it's a symbol of two gold chains interlinked. If clicked on, it breaks apart - what does that indicate?

I really would have liked to have seen a more extensive database record, including the top battters and bowlers, most runs scored records, best batting average etc. I think there's a purely statistical game called "International Test Cricket" that simulates this very well, but I've only got the demo version of this game. Anyone play this at all?

Cheers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The tick allows one batsman to attempt to farm the strike.

The chain allows you to lock a different aggression for each bowler (but I've never personally been able to work it out!)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
The chain allows you to set different agressions for bowlers without changing at the end of every over.

For instance, Muralitharan at one end you may want to be on an agression of one or two, while for a Zoysa you may want three or four.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest, I don't think the chain is that valuable to the game - bowlers change fairly frequently and if you're playing the game at a reasonable pace there's a fair chance it won't be worth the hassle.

Link

State Vice-Captain
na its not really useful, but for me it is useful to actually find out what it does :p