• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BLC2005 vs CRICKET2005

nooga99

U19 12th Man
graphics dont count for crap its the gameplay that counts and BLC will far outdo ea crappit2005 in that department

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
Cricket 96 - Awesome
Cricket 97 - Ok
Cricket 99 - ****
Cricket 2000 - ****
Cricket 2002 - Even ****ter

Cricket 2004 - Few bugs, bad AI....but could be awesome
Cricket 2005 - Will be awesome

i'm not saying blc will be ****, but all i'm saying is that cricket 2005 should be better. They have more experience in making games - they also have some of the team from shane warne 99 working for ea for this game.

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
barmyarmy said:
EA seem to be using the same game engine with slightly better graphics so expect poor AI and loads of bugs. They've also added very little in the way of features from C2k4. They're two headline grabbers are manual appeal and dive for the crease both of which were in Cricket97!
BLIC, on the other hand, has the suprise element about it because no-one knows how good it'll be until they actually release it. Codies, unlike EA, have a good track record for releasing patches for their games to sort the bugs out. Gameplay seems to have been radically overhauled as well. One drawback is that BLIC only has the international teams.
To be honest I would think long and hard before buying EA c2k5. They've consistently treated their customers with distain and released sub-standard products. If you do want to buy it anyway, wait 'til you've heard some reviews from gamers first. I'm personally prepared to give Codies a chance and buy BLIC. They've got a lot of new ideas and understand the importance of gameplay over graphics. However I really wouldn't like to judge just how good BLIC is before it is released. We all got excited pre-release about c2k4 having been told about a load of features that never actually made it into the game.
I suspect EA will release another shoddy effort and they will be rewarded with everyone buying BLIC instead.

i know what your saying....u got excited because of the features in cricket 2004, when it was released u were disappointed because it was full of bugs and the features weren't up to scratch. Cricket 2004 however had the potential to be awesome.
Cricket 2005 will be great because these bugs will be fixed and the features will be improved upon. Think of Cricket 2005 as a game that has been in development for a few years rather than just one and cricket 2004 was just a beta :)

BLC2005 i think will include many bugs on release and i'm glad codies are the type of company that release many patches caused i'd say they will releasing patches weekly over the next year. Think of BLC2005 as the beta version for BLC2006.

Axe

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
thats exactly right....

think about the older cricket games...even shane warne 99. It would give u the zhits when u would play a 20 over game on hard and have totals of 350 +. Not only that but u could play the same shot for every ball and never get out, also bowl the same deliver to the batsmen and he would never hit.

Its these type of things that are really going to make a good cricket game...this is the area that needs improving the most.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
the_axe said:
Cricket 96 - Awesome
Cricket 97 - Ok
Cricket 99 - ****
Cricket 2000 - ****
Cricket 2002 - Even ****ter

Cricket 2004 - Few bugs, bad AI....but could be awesome
Cricket 2005 - Will be awesome

i'm not saying blc will be ****, but all i'm saying is that cricket 2005 should be better. They have more experience in making games - they also have some of the team from shane warne 99 working for ea for this game.
You are setting yourself up for such a huge fall. Wait and see what it actually is like before you go slobbering over EA. They've promised and lied to consumers too many times.

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
lol, see i told u...they have improved the AI. Now its actually realistic!

It would be 3 for 16 or whatever it is when playing Australia.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The West Indies are 16/8 against Australia in that screen print. How is that realistic?

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
we're talking about Australia here james :)

the score might of looked better if it was WI vs New Zealand :)

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
James said:
The West Indies are 16/8 against Australia in that screen print. How is that realistic?
Something simular was in the BLIC shots. When we asked RG about it he said that AI is the last thing to be tweaked so screenshots often have unrealistic scores.