• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do i make big scores

Monty

U19 Cricketer
IAm australia and i cant seem to score more than 90 runs with one player they always get out in the 80s or early 90s please help

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
what sort of fatigue? when they get tired i usually bat them on 2 or 1 if im not in a rush to preserve them for the next day

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
hang on r u talkin about team scores or individual scores? cause individual i get stuck around 200 but team i canget well over 400 in OD and well over 600 in FC.

squiz

U19 Debutant
Ive reached 400+ twice, that's in about 20 years of tests playing for Australia and 20 years of FC playing with Hampshire, I don't really go for the big scores that often though. I only go for em when I've already wrapped up the series or the championship

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
ive scored 400 twice with one player in my Lancs game(icc 2001) he did it both time for england. (while i was coaching) somerset got a screeny of one of his innings somewhere, was truelly awesome. :)

bryce

International Regular
i've made 400+ with an individual at least 15 times in test matches on icc2002, i probaly bat a bit less aggressive than most people though, here's how i do it...

Start of a batsman's innings
Openers in first innings: 1 agg
Every other time: 2 agg

Batsman with 3 settle bars
2 agg

Batsman who is fully settled
3 agg

i only ever use these tactics in 5 day games(test matches) and the only exceptions i make to these rules are when i need quick runs or when a batsman is batting with an un-accomplished batsman, i also do not use these rules for bowlers who i just leave on 2 agg all the time - unless the bowler is partnered by a rabbit

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
kwek said:
ive scored 400 twice with one player in my Lancs game(icc 2001) he did it both time for england. (while i was coaching) somerset got a screeny of one of his innings somewhere, was truelly awesome. :)
Yep, I sure have mate. P Adam was his name I think, 485 runs, superb innings. ;)

Blaze

Banned
Wow Bryce you are really defensive.

I get my batsmen on to 3 bars of agression as soon as I can. I wait until they make about 15 and then let the runs flow. I try and get the accendency in a match as soon as I can by scoring 400+ on the first day or erasing the oppenents score and turning round the defecit into a lead as quickly as I can

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Let the batsman play about 5 or 10 overs, and then put him up to 3 or 4 aggression, depending what sort of mood i'm in, and when he's been batting for ages, stick him up to 5 or 6. Only when I'm desperate for quick runs and nearing declaration would I go 7 or 8.