• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

>> CRICKET TOP 5 GAMES EVER <<

Free_Games_Mag

Cricket Spectator
Hi Guys,

I'm currently writing a review for a leading magazine on cricket games. This review has come about because of the release of the two new cricket games Ricky Ponting Cricket 2005 and EASPORTS Cricket 2005, both to be released in the next few months.

The story will also report on the history of cricket games showing the top 5 in certain catagories with links to the downloads. I need your help to supply me with...

1) THE TOP 5 COMMERCIAL CRICKET GAMES EVER
2) THE TOP 5 SHAREWARE CRICKET GAMES EVER
3) THE TOP 5 FREEWARE CRICKET GAMES

I don't really care what type of cricket game it is (simulation or whatever), just the games you find the most addictive and fun to play - the games you have spent the most hours playing.

Much appreciated,

Peter

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
1) THE TOP 5 COMMERCIAL CRICKET GAMES EVER
ICC 2001
BLC 99
cricket 2004
cricket 96
MVCM

2) THE TOP 5 SHAREWARE CRICKET GAMES EVER
ITC and HODI are the only 2 that come to mind

3) THE TOP 5 FREEWARE CRICKET GAMES

VC4
Beach cricket
Total cricket
The cricket simulator
cricket player manager

Last edited:

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
Top commercial games

Graham Gooch's World Class Cricket
ICC series
MVCM
BLC99
Cricket 97

Shareware games

International Test Cricket
HODI

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Commercia top 5:
International cricket captain 2002
Cricket 2004
Michael Vaughan Cricket Manager
BLC 99
Cricket 97

will do rest later.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Are you wanting to do any interviews for this feature :) I worked on the network code for the Empire Games ICC 2000/1/2. I also wrote International Test Cricket which has been listed as the best shareware simulation by many people. It is an old program that even works on Windows 3.1 but still sells (nearly 2,000 copies to date). I'm assuming this is due to the accuracy of the match engine and the masses of stats it produces (no commercial game has ever matched that). I also run CricketGames.com which for many years was the only site dedicated to all cricket games and without which this site would probably never have existed.

Daniel.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
CricketGames.com said:
Are you wanting to do any interviews for this feature :) I worked on the network code for the Empire Games ICC 2000/1/2. I also wrote International Test Cricket which has been listed as the best shareware simulation by many people. It is an old program that even works on Windows 3.1 but still sells (nearly 2,000 copies to date). I'm assuming this is due to the accuracy of the match engine and the masses of stats it produces (no commercial game has ever matched that). I also run CricketGames.com which for many years was the only site dedicated to all cricket games and without which this site would probably never have existed.

Daniel.
It's not as good as Beach Cricket, though ;)

James

Cricket Web Owner
CricketGames.com said:
and without which this site would probably never have existed
LOL - taking a little too much credit there aren't we :blink: I created my first cricket site in 1997 and Cricket Web started up as you know in 2001 with the help of many other dedicated cricket fans.

James

Cricket Web Owner
My alltime favourite games would be:

ICC 2
ITC
Allan Border's Cricket
BLC 99

Those were the games I used to always play anyway :D

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
James said:
LOL - taking a little too much credit there aren't we :blink: I created my first cricket site in 1997 and Cricket Web started up as you know in 2001 with the help of many other dedicated cricket fans.
Maybe but a lot of the core people here on CricketWeb started on CricketGames.com. I am not try to take credit for CricketWeb just pointing out that in the computer cricket game community I have been around a long time and am fairly well known. I have also (still do) worked in the games industry and so have seen the cricket game scene from all sides.

Daniel.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can`t wait for Cricket `05. It`ll have to work very hard to beat ICC though. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
CricketGames.com said:
Maybe but a lot of the core people here on CricketWeb started on CricketGames.com.
Yes, then most of them got banned for some reason or other and came here ;)

Free_Games_Mag

Cricket Spectator
i won't require any other interviews, but thanks anyway.

The game rankings will just be along the side of the article showing the latest release.

i've got my top 5 Commercial and Shareware - with Daniel's ITC coming in at number 1 for shareware. I'll post them later, all i need now is some shareware as i wouldn't have a clue.

thanks

cricket player

International Debutant
Why would you not mention cricket 2004 At number one?
ro really enjoy The game you have to play 50 over games bowling and batting(cricket 2004)
Ok here is mine

cricket 2004
blc 99
Acc
cricket 2004
cricket 97