• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Not Captaining England

squiz

U19 Debutant
Do you have to captain England in the Full Game? Because all I want to do is play as a county and not captain England :blink:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually agree!!! I don't care about England, I prefer to focus 100% on one team, so then I don't need to have 2 different mental outlooks for each team... meh.

But no, you don't have to captain England, you can turn down their offer :D :p

Hoggy31

International Captain
In Full Game you'll get offered the England job after each season but if u reject it you have no worries.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the only problem is when you reject and have a really good team you lose all your players - ive lost 9 or so players into some tests :(

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats true, I took the england job once for the sole purpose of degrading my opposition.. but it is tiresome playing Tests you don't care about...but it's also annoying when you lose alot of your depth to England.

cpr

International Coach
i usually take england because it annoys me that my most consistant players get ignored for supposidly better players at other teams who aint scoring as well... that and those of mine who DO get called up perform spectacularly bad

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I take my players on Overseas trips! Its like Yorkshire Versus Australia/Pakistan/whatever! Great way to build experience. Other than that bugger England.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
chooka_nick said:
I take my players on Overseas trips! Its like Yorkshire Versus Australia/Pakistan/whatever! Great way to build experience. Other than that bugger England.
Well that's a very cunning way of giving your domestic players experience. Usually I don't take the English captaincy and just prefer to play at domestic level but it's always good to select the English touring side every now and again IMO.

BTW, welcome to the forum Nick, good to see you here.

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
Well that's a very cunning way of giving your domestic players experience. Usually I don't take the English captaincy and just prefer to play at domestic level but it's always good to select the English touring side every now and again IMO.

DOes experience even matter?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Well obviously the players lose their form when the new season starts but I can't answer that question about experience with any confidence. I guess they would gain experience and that would make their performances better but as I say, I can't be sure.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Blaze said:
A player who has played a few test matches are better than those who havent.
The game recognises that 'hey, they've played some tests so they must be okay'.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Somerset said:
Thanks Somers it's nice to be here. I like this forum, its got a really slick feel that others don't have. :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
chooka_nick said:
Thanks Somers it's nice to be here. I like this forum, its got a really slick feel that others don't have. :D
Exactly, the atmosphere is great, really nice people too and usually some decent discussion. :) Hopefully you'll stick around!