• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Not Captaining England

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
kwek said:
...but i dont know anything of the articel takings...as we didnt have a main site only a forum...and most of our articels came straight from Cricinfo and such.
Same. Thats why I though Tamara's Den...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah Pothas is pretty good :) very talented indeed :) 3rd saffie keeper i guess.. i think he deserves it more then tsolike (sp? )

Cloete

International Captain
Nah it wasn't "Tamara's Den". I remember it being something with sports in its name and I know it was only a sprots forum. What happened is one of our memebrs visisted the site or something and saw many of CW's articles in threads which had been copied across without citing the author or anything.

Anyway it's good to have you all here! I'm sure you'll all enjoy this forum alot more :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
I hate that place. They constantly spammed our forum with advertising then they went through a phase of copying material off our site and articles and stuff. James was goign to do something because teh articles were copyright and stuff.

Is this the place that was run by some Kiwi Warriors fan? I think it is, if it is then that's the one...

Of course I'm not saying the members are bad... just some of the people who ran it. Anyway welcome abord :)
Well that certainly isn't TSF..in reality, only a few members posted articles and the majority were taken off Cricinfo or BBC Sport, with references.

The owner was from England and had no interest in league so I can't see where you're coming from there either.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
chooka_nick said:
Oh, um, new page eh? That was a joke I swear ^^^^^^
What are you on about Nick? The pages are slightly shorter than TSF, if that's what you're talking about, I think it takes only 15 posts for another page to appear.

Cloete

International Captain
You can change the posts per page to 40, as I have, if you so desire that to be the case! :happy:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
poor Hakon..why still no Broadband..dude...it aint that expensive anymore ..i think:P

squiz

U19 Debutant
Isn't this forum meant to be for ICC? Everyone's just posting crap in this thread now :(

bryce

International Regular
chooka_nick said:
A player who has played a few test matches are better than those who havent.
The game recognises that 'hey, they've played some tests so they must be okay'.
now that's a blatant lie....

cpr

International Coach
According to the manual, i think it was the 2000 or 2001 manual (i never bothered reading the 2002 manual, not like i would have learnt anything from it), players need time, about 10-15 games, to get used to each level of play... eg a new kid needs about 10-15 matches before they start to perform at a consistently decent level at county level, and the same for those just breaking into the test side...

bryce

International Regular
yeah, but sometimes it can go the other way round(start great and go ****) so i'm not sure how much truth is behind that or even if it is simply there to make it sound like the game has a higher level of realism....