• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cheating with field settings!!!

kof98

U19 12th Man
I was playing an od game and was trying to set a defensive field, so I tried putting no fielders in a catching position (inside the first 15). I thought I would get an error message that happens for too many on the boundary but my field was accepted. I then tried this in an ODI and found that there don't have to be any fielders in catching positions either.

DJellett

International Debutant
Woah...can you put the keeper on the boundary as well? And slips? Because imagine the benefits in for example the last over...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I've heard of this being used before but never tried it, very interesting though. I've found that it's possible to have more than three fielders behind leg side at times too, so a few minor flaws in the game showing up here and there.

kof98

U19 12th Man
After posting I thought about putting everyone on the boundary after the first 15 (except keeper) and this does work (even though onyl five fielders are allowed to be on the boundary).
The only rule that cannot be cheated is that only two fielders are allowed on the boundary during the first 15. Usually I don't use this tactic as it is much easier to bowl out the opposition.