• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stereo sound for ICC

BladeSteve

Cricket Spectator
Commentary is now about 480MB :blink: [260MB zipped] still a bit big to upload as I'm on dial up :sleep:

I could reduce the files from 44,100 kHz to 22,050 kHz ... I did that with the download in the original post and there isn't much difference in the sound.
That would make the download around 130MB .. it would take me a while though.

Another way is to send someone a CD with the full files if they can host it for others to download [if there is a demand]

Has anyone downloaded the TWOS? if so let me know what you think / how they sound.

Last edited:

sawu

Cricket Spectator
I downloaded, sounded awesome apart from being a bit "crackly" (may just be my dodgy speakers).

To be honest tho, when i watch highlights i generally "fast forward" them, which cuts out most of the sound.

BladeSteve

Cricket Spectator
kears falcon.......If you mean the original commentary without any crowd applause :wacko: it's only 75.9MB.
Not a lot of interest in the stereo sound so far it seems.... apart from yourself.

I've reduced the files to 146MB zipped ..found a quick way using dBpowerAMP
They are all now PCM 22,050 kHz 8bit stereo and the sound is just as good.

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I have listened to some of the files... and do notice differnces but could u go through them.. and how u did it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
sawu said:
To be honest tho, when i watch highlights i generally "fast forward" them, which cuts out most of the sound.
I do the same here, speeds the game up a little as the ICC game play is a little slow in my opinion.