• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

updated database

domehead

Cricket Spectator
There's too many threads to go through, but now the editor is done, has anyone done a complete updated database? And if not why not? Surely all you spotty students have time between your 3 hours of lectues a week and drinking stella!

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
With the current editor provided for ICC, it is unnoficial and to me a pain in the ****.

It is great in the short term , but effects the game in the long term, incuding save errors, etc.

The statistics part of this unoficial editor (MAGPIE) is screwed so you it works, and doesnt work.

If i had the time i would do an updated database, but I could only do it if a decent editor was provided, which never will be thanks to empire.

I think everyone on this site would agree, i hope.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just to make it clear (just incase there is anyone who doesn't know despite me saying it several times in the past) there is no Empire written editor that could be released officially or unofficially. Database were created from a myriad of sources all in slightly differing text formats. These were parsed through several programs to spit out the compressed database at the end. Any changes required had to be made to to the relevant text file and the whole process repeated.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
So in other words, you would need to be incredibly talented and a computer nerd to crack the database properly.

domehead

Cricket Spectator
editor

I am not sure why everyone is so down on the editor, I used and edited about 50 players stats (not history) and it worked and continues (year2030) to work fine. Whoever made the original editor I think did a great job. The original question was has anyone edited the entire database with todays players abilities not their history. I guess no

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tassietiger said:
So in other words, you would need to be incredibly talented and a computer nerd to crack the database properly.
Of which Neil satisfies one crieria... ;)