• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin

International Debutant
Got ICC 2008 the other day, am currently in charge of Sri Lanka three series into the game. Was wondering if any of you guys could recomment any good Sri Lankan players to invest time in? Currently I have Chamil Perera and Tharanga Paranavitana opening in tests and they are gun, averaging 64 and 105 respectively. Mainly my problem is not knowing any good young players who are future stars and bowlers/bowling allrounders. I picked my first squad on the last year stats without looking at age and ended up picking a team with an average age of like 32 haha. So yeah the names of any particularly good pace bowlers in particular or youngsters would be appreciated :}

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got ICC 2008 the other day, am currently in charge of Sri Lanka three series into the game. Was wondering if any of you guys could recomment any good Sri Lankan players to invest time in? Currently I have Chamil Perera and Tharanga Paranavitana opening in tests and they are gun, averaging 64 and 105 respectively. Mainly my problem is not knowing any good young players who are future stars and bowlers/bowling allrounders. I picked my first squad on the last year stats without looking at age and ended up picking a team with an average age of like 32 haha. So yeah the names of any particularly good pace bowlers in particular or youngsters would be appreciated :}
There's one young spinner for them who's fantastic- A Mendis is his name in the game- don't know if you've heard of him.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sri Lanka are a shocking team to play as in ICC. There talent pool is terrible at the start of the game. Other then the starting team all there really is in spinning allrounders and 35-37 year old Batsmen:blink:

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
There's one young spinner for them who's fantastic- A Mendis is his name in the game- don't know if you've heard of him.
If you're talking about the Mendis who has been doing amazing IRL, He's B Mendis in the Game. Just sayin.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mendis is very good in my game. Averaging something daft like 11 runs per wicket...so pretty realistic really.

Flem274*

123/5
Hate SL in 2006. Samarawera needs to be drug tested imo.

Drew the tests with them in SL though, and smashed Murali, take that!

Majin

International Debutant
Haha Samaraweera started off pretty well in my game but he's dropped off recently, Sangakkara and Jayawardene however are both complete hax bastards, I don't think I've had a test yet where one of them hasn't made a hundred, in many cases both of them do. Ajantha Mendis is also not that good for me, at least he hasn't been yet. Murali has been a total monster though.

So far I found a pretty decent pace prospect by the name of Ranasinghe, destroyed Zim and Bangladesh, did okay against WI and isn't doing too badly against SA. A good pace bowling allrounder in some guy called Wethathasinghe as well.

edit: Forgot, Jayawardene is currently the leading ODI bat in the world on my game as well, total beast.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Wow. Just wow. In the last over of the 2011 World Cup semi-final the West Indians needed 4 runs off 6 balls to win the match with 4 wickets in hand. I was saving one over from Peter Siddle because he is easily my best one day bowler. He pulls out this:

thrilling finish.jpg

bryce

International Regular
Have you got a screenshot of Siddle's record? Wouldn't mind comparing him to mine to see if there are any clear benefits to technique training as I never used it on him in my game.

Just had a 309 run 10th wicket partnership, highest score by a number 10 perhaps?

Attachments

Jakester1288

International Regular
Ponting has just brought up his 50th test ton.

Just a couple of quick questions.

How do you know when a player retires? Does it pop up saying that or do they just disappear?

Will dropping Ponting from the one day team prolong his test career? If not, I will keep him going in one dayers. He is 37 at the moment in 2012, I want to keep him going for a bit longer to beat Robertinho's 52 test tons with him. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.