• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wow, this is turning into an impressive season for Lancs. Ian Sutcliffe got injured for three weeks so i called a youth into the squad to open since He had good 2nd team form.

Well, see the results

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay, I just got ICC 2008 and went to give out some batting & bowling technique sessions... to find a whole new complex system! What's the dealio guys, what should I be looking to do? If you have a defensive batsman, would it be better to hone his strengths (defensive batting) or work on his weaknesses (aggressive)? And is aggressive batting any type of aggressive shot, or only when he has "so many" aggression bars?

I take it the same is true of bowling... defensive bowling -> low aggression, aggressive bowling -> high, accuracy -> being able to bowl to either defensive or aggressive orders. ?

Is "general technique" the way to go here?

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Okay, I just got ICC 2008 and went to give out some batting & bowling technique sessions... to find a whole new complex system! What's the dealio guys, what should I be looking to do? If you have a defensive batsman, would it be better to hone his strengths (defensive batting) or work on his weaknesses (aggressive)? And is aggressive batting any type of aggressive shot, or only when he has "so many" aggression bars?

I take it the same is true of bowling... defensive bowling -> low aggression, aggressive bowling -> high, accuracy -> being able to bowl to either defensive or aggressive orders. ?

Is "general technique" the way to go here?
I recommend to get the best out of your players use general tech until they are 26.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such a frustrating start to the season for this guy - he's never had a 50 in his career!

Eventually lost that game by 19 runs by the way...after the other team had a 10th wicket partnership of 31. :dry:

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Such a frustrating start to the season for this guy - he's never had a 50 in his career!

Eventually lost that game by 19 runs by the way...after the other team had a 10th wicket partnership of 31. :dry:
Wonder if hes related to Daniel Flynn?

inbox24

International Debutant
My first ever 400+ ODI score on ICC2008, granted against a poor side but still. Brad Hogg century at number 8, probably never been done before and a Ricky Ponting Joburgesque century from the Wotton man. Quite a recovery from 6-88 at one stage with Ten doeschate ripping out cheap wickets early. 7th wicket partnership of 245 also possibly a record.

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Decided to start as Northants because they are Div 2 for both forms and had one of the worst sides. Struggled initially but with some luck (I got Samit Patel, Graeme Swann, Paul Collingwood, Pedro Collins and Ed Smith domestically, as well as Ponting for 2011, plus some good young'uns... 24yo leggie averaging below 23 in all three forms) last season we were Pro40 champs, T20 champs, semi-finallists in the CT and 4th in FC. Season before we were FC champs.

Attachments

Precambrian

Banned
Decided to start as Northants because they are Div 2 for both forms and had one of the worst sides. Struggled initially but with some luck (I got Samit Patel, Graeme Swann, Paul Collingwood, Pedro Collins and Ed Smith domestically, as well as Ponting for 2011, plus some good young'uns... 24yo leggie averaging below 23 in all three forms) last season we were Pro40 champs, T20 champs, semi-finallists in the CT and 4th in FC. Season before we were FC champs.
Ponting playing full time as overseas pro? Either SRK had enough of him in the IPL, or sadly another blast in India ruled out overseas participation in it.

_Ed_

Nice. Northants are rubbish in my game so to get those results with them is an impressive achievement.

bryce

International Regular
Yeah Samit Patel is probaly my favourite English batsman on the last version and on this one, extremely consistent across all forms, look at his 20/20 form from my last season. Here is my side in 2012. I've played it online a few times played 30 won 20

Attachments

Last edited:

pskov

International 12th Man
I chose Northants too, for the same reasons (crap team and in Div 2 in both leagues). After a complete write-off of a first season things have come good. 2012 we won the County Championship on a tiebreaker after finishing level on points with Kent (not sure what the tiebreaker was to be honest, only that we were above them for some reason!) and then in 2013 absolutely romped home winning by over 80 points with one of the best seasons I've ever had on any version of ICC 14 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss with maximum bowling and batting points in almost every match.

The team is the first I've ever had that I've built on spin bowling, as I have always favoured seaming wickets to try and produce result pitches to get more victories. But seeing as Panesar is the only remotely decent bowler you start with at Northants it seemed the way to go. Also helped a lot that I managed to sign Michael Munday (who has taken over 100 wickets in the last three seasons) and then Adil Rashid (who has averaged over 60 batting at three in both seasons and also chipped in with wickets)! Let's just hope the England selectors don't notice them and start calling them up...

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah my County Champ winning season was incredible - I won 15 games and drew 1. I actually won by over 100 points :-O

_Ed_

Had an interesting thing happen to me in my Surrey game today. My number 3 batsman had scored no centuries in his first 21 FC games (but still scored more than 1000 runs last season so has been useful).

In his 22nd game, he scored his maiden FC century with 105 in the first innings. Then he added a second with 111 in the second innings. Obviously learnt how to do it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
With a few updates on the patch I decided to start a NZ game and the team looks very good. I absolutely raped MCC haha
MCC must be absolutely woeful - if you managed an innings and 800+ run victory with your NZ team, and a few weeks ago Tailender scored more than 1,000 runs with his NZ team against the MCC too.

Status
Not open for further replies.