• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

voltaire

Cricket Spectator
It's 2039 and my team is super-crazy. Check out these averages! They are offset by the bowling averages, which I won't post because they're embarassing. Apart from two hard-working spinners, everyone averages over 35 a wicket, all with 3.5+ RPO as well.

This is reflected in the county championship, only 14 bowlers in the whole competition have an average under 30, with most counties using bowlers regularly that average 40+

Attachments

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
voltaire said:
It's 2039 and my team is super-crazy. Check out these averages! They are offset by the bowling averages, which I won't post because they're embarassing. Apart from two hard-working spinners, everyone averages over 35 a wicket, all with 3.5+ RPO as well.

This is reflected in the county championship, only 14 bowlers in the whole competition have an average under 30, with most counties using bowlers regularly that average 40+

Completely opposite from the game I'm playing! All the batsmen are mediocre 20-30 with the everyone using bowlers with averages of 18-25. :mellow:

voltaire

Cricket Spectator
NZTailender said:
Completely opposite from the game I'm playing! All the batsmen are mediocre 20-30 with the everyone using bowlers with averages of 18-25. :mellow:
It's only like this for england, though. I think it's my fault for playing 2 spinners for the last ~30 years, and giving them most of the overs. As a result of few opportunities at the international level, I think the quality of my fast bowling has gone down overall. Of the 14 county bowlers that average under 30, 10 of them are spinners.

With all other countries, it's batting averages from low thirties to high forties, and low-to-mid twenties for the bowling averages. I'm a bit of an anomaly, and as a result of the huge batting talent, I haven't lost a series in 15 years, and since 2004 i've only lost 3.

NZTailender

voltaire said:
It's only like this for england, though. I think it's my fault for playing 2 spinners for the last ~30 years, and giving them most of the overs. As a result of few opportunities at the international level, I think the quality of my fast bowling has gone down overall. Of the 14 county bowlers that average under 30, 10 of them are spinners.

With all other countries, it's batting averages from low thirties to high forties, and low-to-mid twenties for the bowling averages. I'm a bit of an anomaly, and as a result of the huge batting talent, I haven't lost a series in 15 years, and since 2004 i've only lost 3.
Internationaly, the bowlers dominate. Domestically...the bowlers dominate :wacko:

I've played the game managing most nations and it always ends up like this. The other nations have batters with averages of 20-30 but gun bowlers while my team will have gun batsmen and gun bowlers :D

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After ages of no success and innings defeat after innings defeat, my Bangladesh game is finally coming right in 2009. This was a really exciting test match, and a very satisfying result in the 3rd to last over of the 5th day.

Also good to see some of the players I've played regularly from the very start, who were absolutely terrible at first (Salahuddin ended the England tour with an ODI average of 7.14), are coming right in a huge way.

Attachments

NZTailender

Elias Sunny is a gun for me in my Bangladesh game. Haven't played that in a while, but it's around 2011 and Bangladesh are really putting in some good performances :)

voltaire

Cricket Spectator
Wow what a bizarre game. I was playing as NZ, and accidentally declared at 0 for 1 in the first innings, yet somehow still beat the West Indies at home. This means I take the series 1-0. :laugh:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.