• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah true, but I feld Emburey contributed more to our effort - won us some games, saved us from defeat, you know the deal. And Hughes was a machine.

pskov

International 12th Man
Extraordinary Match

How I managed to come away with a draw here I'll never know...

Lost the toss and was put in on a belter of a pitch, but with seriously overcast conditions. Total collapse and we don't even make it halfway through the first day. England then bat merrily on (the weather has cleared just in time see...) getting to 400-2 ish, until one single spell from Lawson, who had been carted about the place before hand, takes five wickets in three overs, including a hattrick, causing a complete collapse. We then get in on a pitch that's starting to look a bit dodgy, but bat immpecably making a big lead until they strike back and skitlle our lower order fairly cheap to need 180 odd to win in a day. The rain comes in and virtually washes out the first session of the final day, and with heavily overcast conditions we bowl astonishingly well ripping through their batsmen so they are 6 down before tea. Then they get a partnership and it looks like they'll make the target, before we get Flintoff out just as he's making me really nervous and another wicket with an hour and a half to get two wickets. Alas, Anderson and Harmison, the most unlikely batting saviours in the world, play out over an hour scoring less than 15 runs between them to save the test.

Whew.. At the end I didn't know whether to be delighted with a draw, or dissapointed at not winning.

Attachments

Hoggy31

International Captain
Very close game, with South Africa(me) getting home. At one stage New Zealand needed something like 15 runs with 4 wickets in hand. But Botha and Kallis stuck to their guns and earned victory.

Attachments

pskov

International 12th Man
West Indies (me), had ridden a spectacular knock from opener Morton, who had no support throught the innings, right to the final over needing 4 to win with number 11 Taylor at the non-striker's end. Morton hit two of the first ball and then a single to level the game leaving Taylor 4 balls to hit one run to ein the match. But he plays out FOUR DOT BALLS EVEN THOUGH HE'S ON MAX AGGRESSION!!! After a while, I compose myself and think that a tie's not that bad considering the overall second innings performance, only to find out we lose on wickets remaining!

Attachments

darko21

U19 Debutant
Something happened on the way to Auckland the other day. Playing the world cup and got into the Super Eights along with Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya! Bizarre in itself with those teams but as I played a close match against Zimbabwe, a clone Australia played my fixture against India and a clone India played against Pakistan... at the same time!

Umm... how? what? I am confused. Screenshot below.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The new ICC rule to make the game more interesting.

Super sub teams who play in 2 places at once!

cpr

International Coach
Playing the second test of the 2005 ashes (managed to scrape a draw in the 1st after a pants 1st innings batting performance left me facing defeat)

Aussie score 390, England get to 401/9, last wicket stand between Freddie and Harmison, wasnt really holding my breath..........

.... and thank god i didnt, otherwise i'd have gone very blue! 254 mins later and this is whats happened (flintoff batting mainly at 6 aggression, lower at the start of sessions, keeping the strike, harmison on 0 aggression)

Attachments

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
After a significant first innings lead of 110, Sri Lanka collapsed in the second innings to 8/139. When the last man Muralitharan came to the crease in the last over of Day 4, Sri Lanka had a lead of 276 with no chance of rain. From here there was only one thing to do...defend like crazy.

Attachments

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Had it then lost it and got it back again.

5/139 with Niroshana and Chandana at the crease I had it in the bag. Only to see 4 wickets fall within a few overs. 9 wickets down the end was nigh....or so I though.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.