• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If someone could help

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
I am quite bored at the moment - and I thought up of the idea of having my own simulated Test Series Championship on the computer - if you get the gist of what I am trying to say.

I was just wondering which game is the best to simulate games where you can edit teams, players, and so on.

BTW - I really want to do it on ICC 2002 - I have downloaded all editing programs, and cannot get past step ten as shown in the step by step guide, even though i have redownloaded everything.

I think the problem is that my DOS was running on C:\ - and not D:\ - could that be a problem - I aint too familiar with the computer and so on, but am getting there, I have never done IT at school either.

If anyone could help, that would be great

Cheers, Mikey

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The D:\ situation isn't a problem. Most people will have the system on C:\ - it's just an unusual configuration that I have on my laptop.

If you have the latest version of magpie, then you don't need to perform the DOS steps so long as convdb.exe, decrypt.bat and encrypt.bat are in the same folder as the ICC files and magpie itself.

If you post screenshots of the error messages, I'll probably be able to help more specifically.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
what is decrypt.bat and encrypt.bat

????

I have downloaded Magpie , Convdb , and those other two - but they might not be in the file.

Are decrypt and encrypt, the msvcrt.dll and msvcpt.dll files?

If so, what do I do when they are all in the ICC2002 file?

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The DLL files are necessary to allow the program to work - the two BAT files (very small) are available somewhere in the step-by-step thread.

Once you download those two, just run Magpie and it should do all the DOS stuff itself.

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sorry to be a pain in the **** but Ive juust reinstalled magpie and can't seem to find the files that save editing automatically without u having to do the DOS stuff, I know I could do this before but can't find the files that do this now. I know u said that these were to be found in the step by step thread but im afraid i couldnt see them could u repost them for me please?