• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Bradman?

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
hey, i was just wondering has anyone ever had a batsmen thats averaged like 80s or 90s in First class or test match. i geuss qualification would be 2000 runs. post a screen if u can.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I had Mike Hussey averaging mid to high 80's at one stage in his test career. It all started with a 324 on debut.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Never had anybody pass the mid-sixties, mind you, the whole team were around the 60-mark, so it wasn't too much of an issue.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Reply, manage attatchments - it takes a short time depending on the speed of your connection and the size of the file(s).

bryce

International Regular
redbaron said:
woah bryce those are some pretty nice stats, wat year did those players play.
2040 something i think, as you can see by the online stats being there i haven't played the game in some time

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
This guy made a century on debut - so I edited his name to Michael Clarke

He is having a great career with Australia till 2010/11 Ashes series, as a handy middle-order batsman who can also open when needed. He also has become a partnership breaker when the side is struggling for wickets. With a batting average of 78.89 in Test matches including 14 hundreds and 11 not outs, and 24 wickets at an average of 33.04 he could quite simply be named as an All-Rounder.
His One-Day International career is not as great, but certainly not poor. With a batting average of 47, but his bowling in the short form is definately not the same as his test career. With a bowling average of 88 and going at over 6 runs an over, he is nothing but an expensive part time bowler.

Attachments

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
I am playing with India - and Hemang Badani is on fire for me. His average in the ICC02 career is over 90 for me, with his actual career test average above 70.

I have made a little thing up on Paint which I think is pretty good.

Attachments

Anomaly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Averaged around 100 for quite a while, he got to about 35,000 test runs. luckily i've still got the save game :D

burkey

Cricket Spectator
Impressive

I'm the new bloke here. But i've had ICC 2002 for a while, i started with Durham and won nearly every division since 2002, (im currently at 2018)
All my leading batsmen average over 40 in first class. And the same in One Day. I use 4 bowlers, 2 spin, 2 pace all averaging below 19 in first class and some as low as 9 in one day.
My top player is named Jonathan Roebuck (all rounder) started in 2oo7, since then he averages 51.6 in first class, and 56.0 in one day, as well as averaging 27 in FC and 22 in OD with the ball.
I did have a player averaging 86 in first class and 72 in OD but i had to give him away because he was asking 107, 000 per season and i got gutted that year (injuries and international selections) so I didnt have the income to support him. I didnt resign him thinking i could get him back later, but no team bought him and the next season he didnt show up at all.
So G'day and im also waiting for a solution to the ACC xp problem.

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
G'Day Burkey, welcome to CricketWeb (I'm sure that name sounds familiar :P)

As for the ACC problem, I don't think we've got much hope