• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Other EA sports title vs cricket games.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Hi all,
I had a question in my mind for so long and I wanted to share it. Recently i started playing other sports title besides cricket like Madden football series, NBA live series, MVP baseball series. These games are so well done gameplaywise, graphically, statistically etc etc.... that it just amazes me that EA sports cricket titles are so lacking in all the aspects of console and pc gaming. Even the patches released are not that effective. Is it due to the lack of market? or Due to lack of application. I might imagine its tough to develop a nice and complete cricket game but so are some other games like NBA , baseball etc. Soccer is relatively easier but boy what a job they have done with soccer ....its amazing.
I think cricket needs much more application in the gaming world. i remember ordering cricket 2002 and cricket 2004 from Australia and Newzealand the day they were released, paid like 65 $ (US) for them and i will continue doing that but i expect a lot lot more from them after playing other sport titles from the same company.
Whats the deal with cricket 2004 ....no demo released and the official site didn`t mention that they are going to release cricket 2004...they still have cricket 2002 demo on the site with very less mention of cricket 2004.?
I hope codemasters do a good job with their next brian lara title.

Josh

International Regular
Well, because the cricket games don't sell big in the US, obviously, there isn't as much money going into them. The US is the central point for all games. All cricket titles from EA Sports so far have been developed in Australia, and EA just won't spend enough money getting the best designers.

They went into hiding after Cricket 2004 because they were practically ashamed at the rediculous ammount of bugs that were in the game at release stage. That's all fine for the PC users, but the PS2 gamers miss out.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Josh said:
Well, because the cricket games don't sell big in the US, obviously, there isn't as much money going into them. The US is the central point for all games. All cricket titles from EA Sports so far have been developed in Australia, and EA just won't spend enough money getting the best designers.

They went into hiding after Cricket 2004 because they were practically ashamed at the rediculous ammount of bugs that were in the game at release stage. That's all fine for the PC users, but the PS2 gamers miss out.

I understand that. But what about Rugby, I heard Rugby was a well done game. I guess that Rugby`s market is not as big as cricket.
Talking about money.....I am not asking awesome graphics or something like that. I just ask for good authentic gameplay with least bugs. Some more effort.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Brian Lara cricket had fewer bugs than any other cricket game. This is one of the reasons the game was so fun and successful while at the same time simulated the game very well.
I have high hopes from BLC 2005.

dinu23

International Debutant
you're right Veeru, compared with other EA sports titles their cricket games are well below standard. I guess that's because in USA they don't play that much cricket.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
dinu23 said:
you're right Veeru, compared with other EA sports titles their cricket games are well below standard. I guess that's because in USA they don't play that much cricket.
I guess thats the biggest reason.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
ea rugby is crap. rugby league is a lot better game although the sequel which will (hopefully) be announced in january is going to be a big improvement.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
Crazy Sam said:
ea rugby is crap. rugby league is a lot better game although the sequel which will (hopefully) be announced in january is going to be a big improvement.
Oh....So this is the case with all non US EA games. Only the US based games have a good market and that might be the reason for such backwardness in cricket games.