• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best game???

anzac

International Debutant
which do you think is the best current cricket PC game & why???

I am only familiar with SWC'99 and am keen to update if there is better.

:confused:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SWC '99 was a breakthrough game for cricket games for sure but EA Cricket 2002 is that much better. It's basically an enhanced version of SWC '99. It seems all the complaints abotu SWC '99 were deliberately addressed by EA Cricket 2002. For example:

Complaint about SWC '99: Couldn't advance down the wicket to spinners or whoever you wanted to. Now you can.

Complaint: Couldn't customise field settings to whereever you wanted the fielders to go. Now you can.

Complaint: Lack of variety in bowling. In EA Sports Cricket 2002, you can put put cut and seam on the ball to make it more interesting to bowl.

Complaint: Little control of whether the batsman could play a back-foot or front-foot shot. This has been addressed and there are separate buttons mapped for back and front-foot shots.

Of course, nothing is perfect.........

Complaint: Game is too easy. Still hasn't been addressed. :D

anzac

International Debutant
mornin' T-C
thks for the info - i found yr review / hints re Cric 2002 after I had posted my query on the Commercial Games forum

I am aware from other sites that 2002 is unable to be edited re player stats, type etc, and that there may be some difficulty in creating an editor for the game re the way it has been written in the programming - do you have any further info on this or any other issues?

Is Cric 2002 the best game available for PC?
I see there have been other games subject to review on this site but no one seems to have done a head to head comparison from what I can see.

cheers :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am aware from other sites that 2002 is unable to be edited re player stats, type etc, and that there may be some difficulty in creating an editor for the game re the way it has been written in the programming - do you have any further info on this or any other issues?
I'm pretty sure a bona-fide player editor is out there but I'm not sure how official it is.

Is Cric 2002 the best game available for PC?
I see there have been other games subject to review on this site but no one seems to have done a head to head comparison from what I can see.
I reckon it's the best so far but SWC '99 is still quite good and was the best for quite some time.

As for the head-to-head review of PC cricket games, well I'd love to do a chronology of cricket games on computers and consoles (since I've had virtually every cricket game since the ones I had on my Commodore 64) but Yaju is the cricket games man on this site and I'd hate to step on his toes.

So how about it Yaju?? :D

anzac

International Debutant
there are already a couple of graphics editors & game patches - but I have yet to see anything re editing the player stats like BLC / SWEd

(I've downloaded just about everything I can for SW'99 - patches, graphics files, editors etc)

how accurate are the squads & stats for 2002????