• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Needs to be in this game!! **SUGGESTIONS**

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well seeing as though Codemasters will be reading here what better place to start a thread with suggestions for what this game should have...

Ok ill start off breifly....

* Must have Domestic Teams and Competitions...
* MUST have Career mode, Take your team whether it be Domestic or International through Season after season with full stats tracking and transfer options....
* MUST have realistic weather conditions including rain in both Tests and ODI's(With the D/L system)
* MUST have a in depth create-a-player/team option...
* All tournaments as well as ability to create your own tournament.. (I want to create a World Club Championship)

One idea which would be very in-depth and fun which Codey's have used before in some games is a story line feature similar to their Race Driver Series...
Something like this would really add to the longevity of a game...

One thing that is a MUST however is Please depsite all the calls and complaints DO NOT RELEASE THIS GAME BEFORE ITS 100% READY....

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dont make it too easy is the only thing i can suggest, every cricket game ever brought has has become way too easy too master too quickly....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Seems as though im a little late with this...

Here is what i've found out so far...

1. There's eight different pitch types and even footmarks which change progressively; this can be used as a guide to put spin on the ball.

2. All round excellent gameplay: there's fully interactive batting, bowling and fielding in the game, and each is as important as each other.

3. Adding to the televisual style of presentation, Brian Lara International Cricket will also utilise cutting-edge broadcast devices, including Hawk-Eye - fully licensed from its creators, The Television Corporation (http://www.hawkeyeinnovations.co.uk).

4. Brian Lara International Cricket unlockables include a classic squad of 20 with the greatest names from cricket history - WG Grace included

5. Capturing the contemporary style of televised cricket, the game opens with the classic BBC Cricket theme...

More as it comes to hand..

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
dont make it too easy is the only thing i can suggest, every cricket game ever brought has has become way too easy too master too quickly....
If possible, the new game should have different levels of difficulty (a few of them) - I'm sure a lot of people would find the game challenging, while for people like us, it could be too easy...

masterblaster

International Captain
Some sort of Simulation/Managerial mode would be nice for those lazy days we can't be bothered playing all the overs.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Realistic physics engine and intelligent AI.
Agree. The AI in most arcade style cricket games really sucks. Cricket 2004 is virtually unplayable without the AI patches, and even with those the game is barely realistic. The player should feel like he is actually battling wits with the opposing captain regarding game tactics, bowling changes. This scripted AI (mcgrath bowl 6, warne then 5 overs) is really getting old.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Having just got MVP 2004 (Baseball) its interesting to see that the perfect sports simulation can be made..

One way of keeping everyone happy regardless of ability is a series of sliders (such as batting connection, batting power, bowling speed).. Therefore the game is tailor made to be a challenge to anyone, depending on how good they are at each thing..

One of the most surprising things coming out of the baseball game ive just got, is how each famous pitcher has a different animation (action), and when editing a player you can assign the nearest action to them..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Career mode please, county championship, with players retiring and improving etc.

On second thoughts, just create a top notch game engine and remake ICC to cover the managment side, then harness them together :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tom Halsey said:
Ability to get fast bowlers to actually swing it.
Yep, totally agree. I'd love to get some true swing from genuine fast bowlers. It'll make the game so much fun when bowling. I hope they put it in. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Opposition players reacting to the situation, i.e batting for lunch/tea, bowlers putting more effort in because its only a short session, being tired after a long day in the field.

Stadium editor :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Varied pace from bowlers. That is, not all genuine fast bowlers release the ball at the same pace and not all slow bowlers at the same pace. Also, a bowler should not be able to tell what length he will be bowling (as in Cricket 2002) every single delivery. One or two are bound to slip. To finish, a bowler can not pick what pace he will bowl at. For example, if a bowler chooses to bowl at top pace, the ball may not always be released at a set pace (as in Cricket 2002) due to the fact that the bowler is human, not a machine.

Mr Mxyzptlk

superkingdave said:
Opposition players reacting to the situation, i.e batting for lunch/tea, bowlers putting more effort in because its only a short session, being tired after a long day in the field.
The employ of a night-watchman too.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Make it difficult to bowl Yorkers or give the ball a really good rip..

Confidance meter is an excellent thing in C2004.. I hope something similar is in the new BLC!

Rich2001

International Captain
Ablity to manually ask for LBW shouts, not just when the game fancies.... far to many plum ones have gone begging!