• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Needs to be in this game!! **SUGGESTIONS**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bryce said:
choice of commentators maybe ? each having there own trademark sayings incorporated.
That would be quite expensive one would imagine. Unless of course they use average joes.

bryce

International Regular
Mr. P said:
How about the bowler can always see and move the ball marker, while the batsman only sees it from the moment the ball leaves the bowlers hand? So as to give some idea, but the time to prepare for the shot etc is slower...I reckon that'd be awesome.
yeah that sounds good, but i don't think it would be very easy to control when your bowling

nibbs

International Captain
ok. i remember once on shane warne cricket '99, making 182/3 off 10 overs. anyhow, pakistan got through to 70/2 after 7 overs, before the customary slog in the last three overs. winning the game was obviously beyond them. if a team was chasing 184 to win off 10 overs, it'd be a slog fest from ball one. i'd like to see that become a possibilty...

J.Coney

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yeah i agree with you, but why do you think the ball marker was invented in the first place ? i'm not arguing with you, the feature would be nice and i have thought about the concept for some time, but facing shoaib at 100 miles an hour(literally) on the box and selecting an appropriate shot would be near impossible, it would not be as 'reaction' as it is IRL
This problem was solved on another site, where-as when you first come in to bat you see the marker only for a short time, then it disappears, the longer your batsmen stays in the longer the marker stays visible. The marker reappears and disappears and as your tail enders are coming in it takes them agers to be able to see the marker visible for a long time. therefore this reflects their ability and they have to hang around or survive a considable long time to get a decent look at the marker where abouts.

*also this is a simple stragey to make a more realistic game which i am sure codemasters have taken note of. cheque in the mail i hope. CM.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
As far as the bowling is concerned they should have muct more swing imparted to the balls and also the actions should be different for different bowlers. Batting wise the controller should be used. I mean not the same old buttons but something new which incorporates all the directions ( circle and not 8 directions). Timing should be more important and also the cpu field placement should be realistic and not like having a lon off in the first 15 overs right from the word go. Hitting straight drives should be harder and every batsman should have their signature shots and stuff.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I tell you what would rule..

If the computer adapted to how good you were.. By altering its hitting parameters, bowling skills etc. (They only need to be hidden sliders that are altered mid game, depending on if you are 22-8 or 541-2)
Then I can see a more enjoyable, competitive and realistic game for all

J.Coney

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
I tell you what would rule..

If the computer adapted to how good you were.. By altering its hitting parameters, bowling skills etc. (They only need to be hidden sliders that are altered mid game, depending on if you are 22-8 or 541-2)
Then I can see a more enjoyable, competitive and realistic game for all

22-8 sh*t someones in trouble.

Josh

International Regular
I think they need to make replays more accesable. I'm not talking about a "Save Replay" option either, I mean, maybe have an option to view the last dismissal after it falls, until the next one does, or maybe autosave all dismissals for the match. Also, the usual slideshow of all dismissals for the session/innings/day at the end of days play.

cmacca

Cricket Spectator
hey

The batsmen should be able to take their helmets off to give the game a sense of realism, and the top bowlers in the world given their own bowling actions. Also the fielding needs to be better. In cricket 2004 it's so strange. :wacko:

Josh

International Regular
Seam bowlers should be referred to "Fast Medium" aswell as "Medium Fast", and the "Medium" bowlers should be able to bowl genuine slower balls, instead of you having to just bowl a slower "Normal delivery"

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
*better short games, in c2004 teams were trying 2 get 260+ off 20 overs.
*also when creating a player u get a certain amount of points 2 allocate 2 skills, then 2 get more points 2 allocate u have 2 train(same as fightnight 2004)
*also batters getting beaten by variation and also the better the bowler the harder 2 pick up variation eg warne harder 2 read than Macgill
*offspinners have doosra's or mystery balls
*put people under drug bans in da game, i had 2 create warne in cricket 04
*no squid size limit 4 tours, in c2004 picking 20 players from countries where u only know of 11 players was hard.
*news during test match that affects confidence like saying a player underperformed affects his confidence 4 da rest of the match, critising umpires about an lbw decision means umpires r reluctant 2 give 50/50 decisions 4 rest of match

cmacca

Cricket Spectator
I think the main improvement that needs to be made is fielding, bowler actions, bowlers being able to beat the bat more often, more shots as a batsmen....

cmacca

Cricket Spectator
I don't think there should be as much emphasis put on tournaments stats averages etc.. but more on gameplay. Bowlers charging in with slingshot actions, and some getting huge swing like casper and just knocking the stumps over or getting the batsmen trapped in front. I just want to see bowlers playing a more dominant role in the game, because not recent cricket games have captured that.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Lyell_Chris said:
*no squid size limit 4 tours, in c2004 picking 20 players from countries where u only know of 11 players was hard.
That's ludicrous! What happens when players get injured and you have no cover? The solution to picking a squad of 20 when you don't know anyone is to have an auto-select option, which I believe is in C2004.