• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Needs to be in this game!! **SUGGESTIONS**

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bryce said:
but could you decide you shot that quick ?
stickcricket shows you can. Batsmen do it and they only have 0.5 seconds or so to react. I think it should be physically possible to hit every ball for six, but it should be very difficult to do it so that you basically get the same frequency of sixes as in a corresponding real game. Oh and don't forget an option to switch commentary off or to basic comments.

bryce

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
stickcricket shows you can. Batsmen do it and they only have 0.5 seconds or so to react. I think it should be physically possible to hit every ball for six, but it should be very difficult to do it so that you basically get the same frequency of sixes as in a corresponding real game. Oh and don't forget an option to switch commentary off or to basic comments.
but the thing is people want the game to have the ball travelling at real-time speed and have 'true swing' capabilities, etc and in stick cricket the ball does travel significantly slower than real-time speed so the only way that would be possible IMO would be if you slowed down the ball's speed through the air which i think wouldn't do the game any favours.

James

Cricket Web Owner
nibbs said:
when is this game gonna come out????
Before the 1st Ashes test next summer. We all know what release dates are like so I would expect this to change.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bryce said:
but the thing is people want the game to have the ball travelling at real-time speed and have 'true swing' capabilities, etc and in stick cricket the ball does travel significantly slower than real-time speed so the only way that would be possible IMO would be if you slowed down the ball's speed through the air which i think wouldn't do the game any favours.
I don't think the ball travels significantly slower (excluding when it slows down on my computer after 4-5 overs). Hard to tell without having some way of timing it but I'd say it was the same as or slightly slower than real-time speed (of someone in the 80s (mph) not an Akhtar or Lee).

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
More Statistics!!!

A great cricket game needs lots of statistics and graphs, it would be awesome if these statistics and graphs randomly appeared during gameplay for example...."Most Fifties by Australian Batsmen 04/05" or "Highest Scores by a batsmen at this ground". These statistics would be based on games either you have played or computer vs computer matches. This would add awesome realism to the game and would be enjoyable to see.

I also think the game needs a more personal touch, where you can play as an individual player. You start off playing county and earn selection into certain squads (international, world 11). You can train and earn skills in particular areas, you choose whether your skills go to bowling or batting or whatever.
Rather than playing full games, you only bat or bowl to a certain scenario. For example, you are playing a scenario where you are batting at 6 and you need 86 runs to win the game for your country. You could have it so you may have even bowled a few overs in that same match before hand. This would be easy to implement and would make for a great game mode that would be very fun and play through quickly. Your player may eventually retire after a certain time and many random events could occur during his career.

I have many more ideas, but there is a start.

Axe

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I also think that the ball marker should be removed. Bryce, you seem to think that it would make it too fast to see the ball being bowled, but I think that makes it more realistic (of course there should be an option to have it turned on). You shouldn't be able to see the coordinates of every ball, because you can almost always come up with a shot to play. In this case, you'll have to leave a lot of balls, defend a lot of balls, and wait until you see a rank one to play a shot, just like in real life. Sounds great to me. If it proves too difficult to play any shots without the marker, then perhaps they should come up with an easier system of batting.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
SW99/BL99 was a pretty solid game I thought. Obviously a lot of room for improvement in gameplay over 6 years, but I think the main thing to remember is don't try and do too much. EA tried to do almost everything and even then released it before it was done. Whatever you guys put in the game, just make sure you do it well.

I don't mind if it's missing something like domestic cricket, as long as the gameplay is challenging over a long period of time.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
I love the idea of domestic cricket. If you include that and make the bug list the exact opposite of your '99 version, I'll be first to buy it.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
i agree that a career mode would be a brilliant idea. It would add longevity to the game, and set it apart from other cricket games

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I agree with Mr Casson above. SWC99 was a wonderful game which just needs improving. Apart from the obvious graphics improvements, I'd like to see the following improvements:

- all 14 WC nations for ODIs as a minimum

- ability to create/edit teams/players/competitions/team jerseys. Every game has this now, there is no excuse for it not being in there.

- better shot selection, and more reward for playing decent shots

- more styles of bowling

- stats galore - there's no reason why heaps of stats can't be implemented
- perhaps good 'form' and bad 'form'....maybe make it as a confidence meter that they have, so that if a player's failed three or four innings in a row then they are not as confident and less likely to make risky/good shots than someone who's scored a couple of good fifties/centuries recently, who may play good shots, have crisper play and be less likely to get out. Of course you'd have to make it so that players low on confidence are still able to gain confidence as well.

- Another idea which may or may not have been floated above somewhere (i haven't exactly looked at all the responses), but a season/tour mode would be nice. I recall there was a similar mode in SWC99. But, if teams have a total of 20-25 players, then you would have to pick a squad of 14, or 15 for overseas series, and have to manage injuries and loss of form and the like.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
also, just thinking about the domestic comps, I think it would be good to have options when playing matches/creating competitions which allow you to make rule changes such as:

- clearly, the number of overs
- number of overs each player can bowl
- the points table, whether bonus points are allowed and if so, how they are allocated
- 'free hits' for no-balls that are bowled

and so on.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
i've never played or followed cricket 2004 and don't intend on. I don't think I will ever play an EA budget sports game again.

DJellett

International Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
Pitch Storming in a crucial time at a very very random time.. Ability for female streakers on pitch when batting bringing down the batsmens concentration level after you work hard to get it up..

Realistic weather interruptions with the regions..
It wouldn't be very hard to "get it up" when a female streaker ran across the pitch :p

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
Well EA tried to implement a few of these ideas, but as you would of guessed - they did a poor job of it. Although breaking new ground with a few modes such as..

* Foreign tours
* Confidence
* Form (doesn't really mean anything is EA2004)
* Player Editing (Seems to be detailed - but not, its made to look detailed to show they put a lot of effort in the game)

and whatever, there is a huge sense that everything was rushed. Its as if they put it in only to make the game sound good. Hopefully BLcricket includes these things, however, they are spend a bit more time in making them actually worth something.

Axe

waleed

Cricket Spectator
have interesting commentary, maybe rameez raja and sanjay mangerakar's voice. I've played ea cricket 2004 and the commentary is so repetitive and boring.

also maybe have different style of runups. It'd be great facing shoaib running from the boundary line. And please no glitches and as realistic as possible.

bowling should be harder. In cricket 2004 bowler bowls so many loose deliveries. It'd be great facing mcgrath bowling so accurate.

bryce

International Regular
Mr Casson said:
I also think that the ball marker should be removed. Bryce, you seem to think that it would make it too fast to see the ball being bowled, but I think that makes it more realistic (of course there should be an option to have it turned on). You shouldn't be able to see the coordinates of every ball, because you can almost always come up with a shot to play. In this case, you'll have to leave a lot of balls, defend a lot of balls, and wait until you see a rank one to play a shot, just like in real life. Sounds great to me. If it proves too difficult to play any shots without the marker, then perhaps they should come up with an easier system of batting.

yeah i agree with you, but why do you think the ball marker was invented in the first place ? i'm not arguing with you, the feature would be nice and i have thought about the concept for some time, but facing shoaib at 100 miles an hour(literally) on the box and selecting an appropriate shot would be near impossible, it would not be as 'reaction' as it is IRL.

bryce

International Regular
choice of commentators maybe ? each having there own trademark sayings incorporated.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
How about the bowler can always see and move the ball marker, while the batsman only sees it from the moment the ball leaves the bowlers hand? So as to give some idea, but the time to prepare for the shot etc is slower...I reckon that'd be awesome.