• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let the questions begin

Wathbun

Cricket Spectator
How is the batting going to be implemented? Is it going to be the usual click right and it will be a pull shot etc or have you come up with an entire new system that actually has some realism.

In all the cricket games I've played there is no real control on the shots, all you can do is click right and hope that it finds the gap, there needs to be some way you can have some precision on the shot, not only in direction but also in height and power (eg chip shots over in infield)...my point is in cricket there is more than two types of shots not just slog or along the ground

Please tell you you've come up with something that required some real timing and control.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
well with SWC99 the PS controller only really had a D-pad didn't it??

it'd be nice on the Xbox if, with the analog stick, you could make a shot ANYWHERE you want in the 360 degrees.

another option is perhaps using one of the analog sticks to move into position for a shot and then use the other one to make the actual shot. So, for example, if you press 'up' or 'back' on one of the sticks and on the other you press 'forward', you'd make a block shot whereas if you pressed 'up' and 'forward' and on the other press 'forward', you'd make an attempt at a drive.

DJellett

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Oahh d'ya hear that Bruce?? Chuck another shrimp on the baarbie!!
Ease on the bugle mate....I'm the most Aussie bloke I've ever met (my uncles included) but we're not all like that.

You keep larking like a flaming galah and you'll be up sh*ts creek with a turd for a paddle.
Crikey!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
will The netherlands be in the game, with a fully updated squad ?
and will the Intercontinatial cup be in?

DJellett

International Debutant
All Star Netherlands team would be good.

I loved playing with Lefebrve and Van Oosteroom in SW99

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
lol :D wait when u can play with van bunge and de Leede..any mayb in a few year with me LMAO :D

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i know him very good :) he plays at my club and i talk(in season) with him weekly and sometimes train with the 1st and 2nd XI:) i also play with his nephew in the team :)

DJellett

International Debutant
kwek said:
i know him very good :) he plays at my club and i talk(in season) with him weekly and sometimes train with the 1st and 2nd XI:) i also play with his nephew in the team :)
:O Oh my god! I want to play in The Netherlands!
How many teams are there over there at a club level?