• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let the questions begin

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
a team editor would be good but also

is there a custom tournament feature?
are there any teams other than international ones such as 'A' teams etc?
and
around how many players are on the game?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously though, i dont see how including Domestic teams would be *that* hard. We dont need all they're ground modelled, though i would some of them are anyway, and if its a data thing, im sure you can get folks here to compile stats for you....

If its down to licences you could always go down the ISS route of putting the teams in as 'Loncashire' and 'Sarrey' and the players as Mork Rumprakash etc, having a feature in to change the names :p

I'd *really* like Domestic teams and i'm sure others would feel the same, it adds depth and something 'new' which from what's been said, though gameplay is the more important factor, there doesn't seem to be anything 'new' so far in this game, apart from Hawkeye which TBH is a nice gimmick thats all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thanks for your answers rubbergenius. :)

Disappointing there's no domestic season, but I'm really glad that there will be some true swing for fast bowlers. Excellent!

NikhilN

International Regular
superkingdave said:
Seriously though, i dont see how including Domestic teams would be *that* hard. We dont need all they're ground modelled, though i would some of them are anyway, and if its a data thing, im sure you can get folks here to compile stats for you....

If its down to licences you could always go down the ISS route of putting the teams in as 'Loncashire' and 'Sarrey' and the players as Mork Rumprakash etc, having a feature in to change the names :p

I'd *really* like Domestic teams and i'm sure others would feel the same, it adds depth and something 'new' which from what's been said, though gameplay is the more important factor, there doesn't seem to be anything 'new' so far in this game, apart from Hawkeye which TBH is a nice gimmick thats all.
well I just notice...why would they put domestic teams in Brian Lara INTERNATIONAL Cricket

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
NikhilN said:
well I just notice...why would they put domestic teams in Brian Lara INTERNATIONAL Cricket
So cange the name...

The thing is without Domestic Cricket this game will be just like the others in the bored games pile after about 2 weeks...

Why do you think Fifa and all the other games are so big, because you have more options and are not playing with and against the same teams all the time...

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, I hope Codemasters do implement atleast the Pura/ING Cup and County Cricket, although Indian and South African sides would be lovely too.

Great to have you on board Rubbergenius and hopefully Codemasters can implement some domestic cricket features and cap off what will no doubt be a fantastic game.

Another question, will this game be released in Australia as 'Shane Warne International Cricket 2005' or will it be Brian Lara as well in Australia?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
YORKERS! Mate in almost every other cricket game created, yorkers take wickets too easy and are too easy to bowl. How will BLC treat and deal with this?

lankan

Cricket Spectator
How are the player's sizes,faces going to be like?
How is the game going to start?
how about the gameplay?

Retox

State Vice-Captain
NikhilN said:
ICC had county teams and that had International in the name.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
so will the game be released in australia as 'shane warne international cricket' or some other australian player, as occurred last time??

and i hope we can make our own teams and comps if you don't put in domestic comps.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Crazy Sam said:
so will the game be released in australia as 'shane warne international cricket' or some other australian player, as occurred last time??

and i hope we can make our own teams and comps if you don't put in domestic comps.

Team,Player,Comp editer would rock.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
masterblaster said:
Yeah, I hope Codemasters do implement atleast the Pura/ING Cup and County Cricket, although Indian and South African sides would be lovely too.

Great to have you on board Rubbergenius and hopefully Codemasters can implement some domestic cricket features and cap off what will no doubt be a fantastic game.

Another question, will this game be released in Australia as 'Shane Warne International Cricket 2005' or will it be Brian Lara as well in Australia?
Going to be released as Ricky Ponting International Cricket I believe.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
After playing Shane Warne Cricket '99, are you guys gonna take care of glitches this time? I stopped playing '99 cause I was fed up with the glitches, and it just lost its appeal, because of the disgracefully limited strokes you can play as a batsman.