• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Cricket Master 2005 Development Thread*

Horo

Cricket Spectator
any indians , sri lankan and pakistan people that read this can u post below your 1st class teams that are in the strongest groups for your 4day and 1day games , it gets a bit confussing when u have like 14 teams in 2 groups so on.

not real sure which ones are the proper top teams and which arnt.

anyway cheers

duffarama

School Boy/Girl Captain
Due to the fact that I had finished the interface on 1st November, to keep the interest rolling Horo and I have decided to release some more screenshots.
Note: These are slightly updated. (notice the stars) :happy:

And DJellett, I won't be disclosing my location. :p

Attachments

Dant

Cricket Spectator
Wasting Time

I don't know why all these developers like Ultimate Cricket are wasting there time creating games that have already been done, just copying other peoples ideas like "International Test Cricket" and the ICC series. Why don't they come up with something original?
I think there is this trend where you say your making a cricket game, just so you can have your own forum and get feedback on how great you are. When really, the game probably won't even be released...if it does, it will most likely be bad and un-realistic.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm all for amatuer programmers having a go trying to practice their programming skills. But you are getting a lot of people excited over nothing, there is one thing putting out these beautiful screenshots, but there are also a lot of algothms and code that has been designed and written.
Maybe try and come up with something more creative and innovative, but simple at the same time.

Dan T

Horo

Cricket Spectator
Dant said:
I don't know why all these developers like Ultimate Cricket are wasting there time creating games that have already been done, just copying other peoples ideas like "International Test Cricket" and the ICC series. Why don't they come up with something original?
I think there is this trend where you say your making a cricket game, just so you can have your own forum and get feedback on how great you are. When really, the game probably won't even be released...if it does, it will most likely be bad and un-realistic.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm all for amatuer programmers having a go trying to practice their programming skills. But you are getting a lot of people excited over nothing, there is one thing putting out these beautiful screenshots, but there are also a lot of algothms and code that has been designed and written.
Maybe try and come up with something more creative and innovative, but simple at the same time.

Dan T
and just how do u know the games ideas are copied from others considering u havent even seen the features list..... :dry:

the one thing i have made sure is to come up with our own original ideas , everything thats being added into the game is wat i thought up and wrote down on paper , if some ideas are the same and clash thats just tough **** but they arnt just copied from someone else game.... look at all the soccer management games that clash its just life deal with it.

and as far as the game being released goes it will be release sometime during febuary 05 and thats a fact.

and ourgame is freeware unlike the ICC and ITC... so that is why we are making it so ppl can have a decent freeware game considering most arnt much good.

if wat i posted upsets you deal with it , your post was in bad taste in my opinion it was not needed.

duffarama

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dant said:
...but there are also a lot of algothms and code that has been designed and written.
Maybe try and come up with something more creative and innovative, but simple at the same time...
Mate, Andrew and I will be undertaking advanced coding for hours on end for this game. There will be thousands of code designed and written, but the difference between this game and others is that, "This game will be released!"

We are not going for anything simple because we are not going to dish out some boring inaccurate simulation. This is going to be released as a fully fledged Cricket Management System that doesn't rely purely on statistics as other games have.

Dant, if you would like to come up with something creative and innovative please post it. Nothing is stopping you. What you are doing right now is of no advantage to you or anyone else infact.

If you would like to impose any other wasteful comments, email duffarama@hotmail.com and don't post it publically. It is just ruining our progress.

Cheers,
Duffarama

Last edited:

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
U Loser Dant!

U loser Dant!

Your comments were uncalled for, if thats what u really think, then you keep it to your self. These blokes are going out of there way to make a quality game for all of us to enjoy.

There are a lot of people that start games and don't finish them, but can't you tell these fellas are committed - just look at there screenshots (they look awesome).

Keep up the good work boys,

Axe

Dant

Cricket Spectator
World Championship Cricket League Challenge

Hi guys,

just a quick note that development on my new game "World Championship Cricket League Challenge" is well under way. I have just wrote down a features list and i hope to have some screenshots up in the near future. The game should be released hopefully by January, but i'll need some of you guys to do some BETA testing for me.
I'll probably write the game in either Excel or Visual Basic because i can't really program too well, but don't worry, i'll make sure the screenshots look really pretty.

features include:

* Play One - day or test matches.
* Includes all international teams.
* Will all be text based with no graphics.
* Will include a logo (i'm going to have a competition for someone to create a logo for me)
* The game will also include some updates and bug fixes.
* Readme.txt will also be included along with a link to my webpage (the website will also include my logo).
* Will be an exact copy of ITC but will have my logo on it (Did i mention i'm having a competition for someone to design my logo)

Thanks guys,

would love to get some ideas from you and hopefully add to my already growing features list.

DANT