• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricket fiction

kof98

U19 12th Man
Has anyone made a team of their own players, like on CM where you have the option of real players or not. Another idea I had was of writing a sort of story, something like a fanfiction. Using imaginary players, and making up the results and stats as you go along. Using ICC or even easier just doing something with pen and paper.

Nick Page

Cricket Spectator
A book about a made a cricket team played out on an out of date computer game, I think you may have a best seller on your hands.

oh my good god, I have never felt compelled to write on this forum before, but please, please, get a life. You must have something more interesting to do with your time than this?

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nick Page said:
A book about a made a cricket team played out on an out of date computer game, I think you may have a best seller on your hands.

oh my good god, I have never felt compelled to write on this forum before, but please, please, get a life. You must have something more interesting to do with your time than this?
Thats a bit harsh ay?

Maybe not a book, an article on the website or some such wouldn't be life threatening, would it?

kof98

U19 12th Man
Well, to use ICC wouldn't be difficult at all. Just play the game up till a point where all the real players have retired and use the data. This would be quicker to do.

My original idea was that the stats would be made up just as the rest of it would be. Not generated by any software.

I don't have any intentions of writing a book or anything nearly as formal as that. Its just something that I thought about. However I am not a writer, in fact far from it.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nick Page said:

Do you frown upon every single fantasy sports league ever then?? Its just sports fiction.. And ICC isnt out of date if you have the editor..

I feel ashamed of my 7,500 posts now :( What a waste of a life...

Go for it kof98, hey maybe you could get the green machine to win something....

Nick Page

Cricket Spectator
7628 posts actually but whos counting; that must make you think? one minute a post thats a 127 hours, over 5 days solidly typing on this forum!

Don't get me wrong I love a bit of ICC 2002 but even with the editor it is out of date, all people who like this game know how good it could and should be, that was my point. Proper fixtures, decent series stats, search engine, more individual skill stats, balance of bowling, effect of pitch, I could go on etc.. etc....

DJellett

International Debutant
----------ATTENTION-------------

Please stop this stupid bickering now or this thread will be reported to a moderator and closed.

Thank You.

Nick Page

Cricket Spectator
Its not bickering, its an educated discussion and sharing of opinions. I dont believe this is a 'reporting to moderator offence'. What do you get for swearing ,executed at dawn?

Surely the idea of a forum is to discuss ideas and give feedback good or bad.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nick Page said:
Its not bickering, its an educated discussion and sharing of opinions. I dont believe this is a 'reporting to moderator offence'. What do you get for swearing ,executed at dawn?

Surely the idea of a forum is to discuss ideas and give feedback good or bad.
you are entilted to an opinon as much as the next joe schmoe who comes here, but lets keep it productive :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nick Page said:
7628 posts actually but whos counting; that must make you think? one minute a post thats a 127 hours, over 5 days solidly typing on this forum!
The fact that you worked out how many hours a total stranger has spent typing on a forum leaves me wondering about you...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Dylan, shut up.
Oi! I don't care who you are, even though I know ;), Dylan has just tried to help defuse a situation that was becoming delicate, addmittedly he didn't word it well but who's job is it to do that? Your's. So Shut Up Mr.Pickup.

Nick Page

Cricket Spectator
Langevelt : Well spotted, I do have a little too much free time at the moment (not quite as much as you though)!

And come on KOF 98 lets get some of your early stuff posted, you started this thread, finish it with some of your cricket fiction. Don't take any notice of me ; I am sure its going to be an entertaining read.