• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

my team

kof98

U19 12th Man
I didn't get to play ICC online, long story. So would anyone mind giving my team a rating. Since I have not cheated in anyway this will be an average team I guess, but it would be nice to know what other teams are like. If anyone wants to share one of their teams (the ones without any cheating), I would like to see what your teams look like.

To get a good team I was playing with Northants. Currently batting is very good, sometimes the cpu teams can score 400 in a day against me. The bowling is lacking, obviously. An overseas bowler is always needed. The minor counties are doing well, usually every season one of them causes a few upsets.

I use the set fields. Has anyone set up their own custom fields or maybe have some advice on tactics?

kof98

U19 12th Man
I have used winRAR to zip it, should I use winzip instead? or could it just be a internet connection that's too slow?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm weird:S .rar is smallest you can get..how big is the rar file?
if its bigger than 1mb it cant be uploaded...you have msn? i would like to rate ur game:) mine is Taricknl@hotmail.com

kof98

U19 12th Man
Its 972KB. I used to have msn but I got a new computer recently and haven't downloaded all of my software yet, will get around to that sometime. For now I'll just send the email.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Some of the online teams where just insane.. especialy once people got hold of art money and changed there team budget..

At one stage I had my whole 11 playes player playing for England and 9 of them where worth more than 100k. and there were better teams than mine belive me.. I was usualy hovering between 20-5 in the rankings depending on how often I played.

bryce

International Regular
Eclipse said:
Some of the online teams where just insane.. especialy once people got hold of art money and changed there team budget..

At one stage I had my whole 11 playes player playing for England and 9 of them where worth more than 100k. and there were better teams than mine belive me.. I was usualy hovering between 20-5 in the rankings depending on how often I played.
haha yeah you weren't even around when people found out how to get allrounders with amazing 2nd team records, the top teams all had about 3 or more at least, heres some of mine if you didn't see the post in another thread - there were ones better than mine too but i sat at number 2/3 most of the time and even had an appearance at number 1.

Attachments

Eclipse

International Debutant
Holy **** you did have some awsome allrounders !!!

I remember before I stoped playing we used to have some great matches.

I allways had awsome batting lineup's and at many stages I would have had the best top 6 but I never found a good allrounder and thats why I could never break into the top 5 IMO.. The best I found was one that was worth like 66k..

I still think I have the highest ever Indervidual online score in OD game's. I could be wrong but if somone had beat J. Divers 260* odd I am supprised I have not heard about it.

bryce

International Regular
didn't transformers get a triple-century when he got like 500/0 or something ? not sure but your record was definately up there, yeah we did have some good games i remember i would always target your allrounder with full aggression lol and i remember your batsman morrison who had a 2nd team ave in the 60's and averaged 70+ first class.

Eclipse

International Debutant
maybe he did.. I played him heaps though and he allways went on about makeing 500 but cant remember him mentioning makeing a 300..

but yeah my allrounder had an econ rate of like 5.9 and thats only because I played against a few week teams because against you he would always go for about 70-100 runs..

Morrison was a gun I still have that screen shot of that 646* he made in a FC game at a strike rate of about 97% lol.

bryce

International Regular
yeah i'd kill for the online game to be brought back, who cares if there's an editior you cannot even create that gooder palyers(especially bowlers) with the editor and it will be better to see who are the best players of icc not who has the best team, anyway it ain't gonna happen.

Cloete

International Captain
How did you get those all-rounders?

I've still got your scott-a-surrey game that you sent me as well :)

bryce

International Regular
lol thats my brothers old crappy game, if you want i'll send you a game with good allrounders ?
i haven't talked to you in a while, remember that icc records site you and dino made and that icc tournament that never finished lol

Cloete

International Captain
lol yeah.. that was a pretty awesome site though. But then he moved to do bricklaying and I had to close it down.