• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fixture Development

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
After the grand development of the Magpie, I am hoping that the fixtures can be modded too. Its just not fair seeing Kiwis play no games by 2010 in an ENTIRE season, way too silly.

After a quick scan I got to two potential keepers of fixtures

1) CrickMan.dll - which has the fixtures needed for the FIRST year only.

2) intX.fxt - which is the fixtures being created year after year.

So potentially we are looking to edit intX but if we can get far we might be able to edit the Crickman and be able to hold world cups every 4 years.

Ofcourse many of u might already know this info, and more importantly much of this stuff is in lose air, so it'll be nice if we can kick start fixture creation.

My first hurdle was a way to edit the FXT files, if anyone know how to do this pls post here?

Cheers and hopefully we'll get a good fixture before you know it.

DJellett

International Debutant
Good Luck mate, I hope you know what you are getting in to.

Does this mean that it would eventuallay be possible to include the
ICC Champions Trophy as well?

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
cheers DJ, what this means is that if we move into this together, with ample of support from fellow members who are interested in coding, we might be able to get somewhere with a more realistic fixture.

What I'd like to ask people is how to edit FXT code, cause when I open it in Notepad it gives me gibbrish, any ideas?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I can make up some future 9 team ICC Trophy Formats If you want. Or 14?(World Cup)
Or 10 or what ever you want generally.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We've not got anywhere with fixture development so far.

I suggest that you give trial and error a shot.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
An Idea for 14 teams.

Teams rated 1-14 by ICC. Teams 13 and 12 and 11 and 14 playoff. First Round over

Winners and all other teams go into 4 groups of 3: Top 2 Through. Second Round over

4 Knock-out matches. Winners through. Elimination Play-offs(Re named) Over.

Winners play all other teams. Last Place out. Quater Finals Over.

Winner play other 2 teams. Last Place out. Semi Finals Over.

Grand Final. Winner.... wins :cool:

A diagram for 9 teams. Top team wins Second Runners up

A---------------------------Semi Finals-------------Finals----WINNER!
B-------Playoffs-------------Semi Finals--OUT
C--OUT

D---------------------------Semi Finals-------------Finals------2nd Place
E-------Playoffs--OUT
F--OUT

H---------------------------Semi Finals--OUT
I-------Playoffs--OUT
J--OUT

Some more if requested.

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
lol interesting, thanks but I guess we need to get the more important details ironed out first.

Anyone have any idea on how to view the FXT files, Neil?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
xixsoside said:
lol interesting, thanks but I guess we need to get the more important details ironed out first.

Anyone have any idea on how to view the FXT files, Neil?
Nothing as yet, sorry.