• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need help with Cricket 2002

tbriggs

Cricket Spectator
Guys I dunno if this is a dumb question but is it possible to play shots in cricket 2002 that don't make me advance down the wicket? I mean shots from the crease? I can only block and advance! hellllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp :)

thanx in advance for any help!

regards
Tristan

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You must be pushing the wrong button to play your shots.

The way it goes is thus; you have four buttons to select the type of shot and they are loosely like this:

Button 1: Front-foot shot
Button 2: Back-foot shot
Button 3: Advance down the wicket shot
Button 4: Defensive shot.

The deal is, first you see where the ball is going to pitch and decide where you want to hit the ball and what type of shot you want to play. Then you push the directional buttons in the direction of the shot you wish to play and when the ball is bowled and you think the timing is right, push whicch ever or button 1, 2, 3 or 4 you think is appropriate.

For example, to do a back-foot glide down to the third-man, you'd hold the directional button in the direction of third-man and when the ball is bowled, push the back-foot shot button. For a stright drive, you'd push the directional in the direction of the stright drive (straight down the screen) and push the front-foot button when the ball is bowled and you want to time it right.

There is also another button to do a power-shot. All you have to do when you want to go for a power-shot is to use the other buttons as normal but hold down the power button at the same time.

And that's all there is to it!