• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debut

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Hussey must play every single game for Northants, take that from experience.
But that 261 was with Australia Neil... it's hardly a selection issues when we are talking about Northants :laugh:

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Back in the days before Magpie (God bless you magpie makers) when Watto, Clarke and White were utter bad stuff, I was mucking around and picked a team for Australia something like

Hussey
Marsh
Clarke
Kremerskothen
Watson
Ponting
Clingleffer
Higgs
Warne
Bracken
McGrath

I beat Pakistan in the first test with Kremerskothen scoring 130 odd in the first innings and 97 in the second innings. Watto and Marsh chipped in with fifties and Higgs took 8 wickets for the match.

I think that considering none of those players (maybe Kremerskothen with that 57 ST avg) are any good that is a fine set of debuts. I just wish I had the game still.

Just out of interest I got thumped by an innings and 300 runs in the second test. :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Joao_Quinto said:
Back in the days before Magpie (God bless you magpie makers) when Watto, Clarke and White were utter bad stuff, I was mucking around and picked a team for Australia something like

Hussey
Marsh
Clarke
Kremerskothen
Watson
Ponting
Clingleffer
Higgs
Warne
Bracken
McGrath

I beat Pakistan in the first test with Kremerskothen scoring 130 odd in the first innings and 97 in the second innings. Watto and Marsh chipped in with fifties and Higgs took 8 wickets for the match.

I think that considering none of those players (maybe Kremerskothen with that 57 ST avg) are any good that is a fine set of debuts. I just wish I had the game still.

Just out of interest I got thumped by an innings and 300 runs in the second test. :D
It's "magpie maker". Singular ;)

Though I couldnae have done it without a lot of decoding and testing help :)