• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"I Cricket" Match Simulator V1.1

bigster83

Cricket Spectator
I've now uploaded version 1.1 of my game.

You can download it from:
http://bigstercricket.tripod.com/download.html

I'd appreciate if you could direct any specific technical problems or bugs to my own forum http://bigstercricket.proboards27.com - but obviously i'm not trying to take general discussion away from here.

It includes the following changes:
*Manual change of bowlers
*Manual Choice of Batting Order and wicketkeeper
*Computer much more intelligent when deciding on the use of bowlers
*Running between wickets is slower, so now there are more singles (rather than 2's and 3's)
*Added No Balls, byes, leg byes and wides
*Fixed bug where ball buttons were not dissapearing at the end of an over
*Improved the field editor, including field preview
*Wicket keepers and slips come up for spin bowlers
*Increased the benefit of a ball being slow for the batsman to have time to take a shot
*Intelligent batting orders
*Teams are now chosen from squads
*Player files can be called anything, not just player1.txt...
*More fields included
*Player details can now be views in game, try double clicking on a player name!
*Can now view the full scorecard at any time in a game

Cheers,

Andrew

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
looking good, the screen is abit cluttered but its all good.

when bowling if you dont have it maxed out in your view (for me when i dont have the task bar on auto hide) you cant hit the bowl next over or bowl next ball button.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nice sim so far. Only one thing though, I found the simulation mode to run quite slow. This could pose problems later on if you plan to have the option of simulating many series/seasons. My old cricket sim project was in Java too, now I'm starting up again but in C# this time. After using JFrame etc, programming user interfaces in C# is so much faster. :) Good work overall, keep it up.