• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official *tooextracool v Richard Thread* (**Warning** May contain long posts)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm is the guy that has 2 spare-rooms worth of lever arch files with 2nd chance statistics, Zimbabwe the Golden Years and those Project Harmison/McGrath/Pollock/Sehwag tapes calling moi an idiot again?

Since he's so fond of producing masses of words without much thought behind them why doesn't he try going on a Scrabble site and see if he can compete with me - oh wait that's an intelligence based game so he'd never go near it, I mean he still hasn't eaten his computer yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
What's your first chance Scrabble Score SP?
Probably the same load of rubbish he tries to concoct to take the p*ss out of my theorems when he can't think of something meaningful to use.

Scaly piscine

I wish James would change that minimum time between posts thing to 10 minutes just to annoy the hell out of Richard.

Don't get 2nd chances in Scrabble - if you play a word that isn't the dictionary the move is taken off and you score 0 for that turn, Richard should be positively turned on by such a thing.

Anyway I average a shade over 30 pts a move and 450 a game at my club - but in Richard fashion if you took out all the games against the minnows that would drop to 420 ish however the average move score remains pretty much the same regardless of the skill level of the opponent... again Richard will be foaming at the mouth at this, he chose the wrong game to become a statistical anorak on methinks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a surprise, this was pretty similar to the rubbish about the stuff he pretends to himself I have in my room.

Mister Wright

Richard said:
What a surprise, this was pretty similar to the rubbish about the stuff he pretends to himself I have in my room.

Actually I found it to be very amusing and insightful.

Scaly piscine

superkingdave said:
rofl, scrabble club, lol
There are over 350 clubs in Britain and 30 people that attend the one in Middlesbrough I go to and unlike something like MENSA good, decent people are involved not snobs.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Richard said:
Absolutely hilarious, yes.
You understand what it is meant to take the pi*s out of, yes?
Yes, Richard, I do. That's why I was laughing - it was an amusing pi$$take.

Look, don't get your nose so out of joint. So, he cracked a funny. There's a mountain of material in his scrabble boasting for you to have at it with.

Son Of Coco

Richard said:
Absolutely hilarious, yes.
You understand what it is meant to take the pi*s out of, yes?
Mate, surely you can't be surprised that your theories on the game cause so much debate......some of them are out there. Personally I enjoy hearing what you've got to say about it even though I rarely agree :D , but I can understand why others get sick of the continuous postings......I know we've recycled an old debate just recently that's only going to end up the same way.

I thought Scaly's comment about Zimbabwe - The Golden years was quite amusing too to be honest, you've got to be able to laugh at yourself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I laugh at stuff that is said in jest - for instance, I can't remember whether you were here for Neil's assessment of my geography A-level "summary" of the erosion proccesses on a cliff foot. It was quite brilliant, and because I know full well that there is no real malice behind it, I found it extremely funny. With this Scaly piscine fool, I know full well that he is attempting to make basically anything of mine look as ludicrous as he can - and, sorry, that is a failure, whoever might find it a bit funny.
Slow Love™ said:
There's a mountain of material in his scrabble boasting for you to have at it with.
Except I don't work that way.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
I think, and this is meant as constructive criticism, that in his (numerous) posts he comes across as being a tad dogmatic in his beliefs.
Richard:

TEC:

Just kidding. :p